Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dosee Guest

Default Wagoner a loser yet media obesssed with KK & DCC

Our local media is worthless for to long they have been obessed with sex, sleaze and decay in the "D" while slugs like Wagoner were given immunity from investigative journalism no doubt perhaps becuase of the ad dollars flowing to the media..

I know media is too formulaic. I was watching CNN and noticed they found another unfortunate blond white kidnapped little girl story to beat us to death with.

dosee,

Exactly what has Wagoner done that warrants investigative reporting?

Did he misuse GM funds? Did he call GM board members names? Is he given to singing anthems fervently at GM board meetings?

he might have done a bad job, but what was there to investigate?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dosee View Post
    Wagoner a loser yet media obesssed with KK & DCC

Our local media is worthless for to long they have been obessed with sex, sleaze and decay in the "D" while slugs like Wagoner were given immunity from investigative journalism no doubt perhaps becuase of the ad dollars flowing to the media..
    Someone needs to learn the difference between public service and private business.

dosee Guest

The issue is about news coverage not the difference between public and private sector which BTW is no longer an issue given the massive tax funded loans given to GM & Chrysler..

Clearly the media lords in this region were not going to provide the manner and depth of coverage of the automotive icons given the ad budgets and the mantra of the new industry now which is tabloid driven themes..

The carnage in our state created by the shallow and incompetent leadership of GM by Wagonerand others in the automotive sector deserved media coverage from his blunder with Fiat[[ GM had to pay 2 Billion to Fiat to the current stock price of GM now less than $3.00 it was over $65.00 when Wagoner tool over)...

Why do people make excuses for the 3rd rate media in this region???

The issue is about news coverage not the difference between public and private sector which BTW is no longer an issue given the massive tax funded loans given to GM & Chrysler..

Clearly the media lords in this region were not going to provide the manner and depth of coverage of the automotive icons given the ad budgets and the mantra of the new industry now which is tabloid driven themes..

The carnage in our state created by the shallow and incompetent leadership of GM by Wagonerand others in the automotive sector deserved media coverage from his blunder with Fiat[[ GM had to pay 2 Billion to Fiat to the current stock price of GM now less than $3.00 it was over $65.00 when Wagoner tool over)...

Why do people make excuses for the 3rd rate media in this region???
    What are you talking about???

dosee Guest

My post is about how the media in this region ignored the incompetence of people like wagoner and were obessed with sex and sleaze tales in Detroit..

Damn that media, informing the citizenry of the rampant corruption amongst their elected officials. They should be going after non-elected businessmen who haven't committed any crimes.

I don't see what you're argument is. What did Wagoner fail at? GM was building SUVs, Trucks... I don't get what you're yammering about...

Easy now everybody.

easy.

This is no way to start the newest version of DetroitYES 2.0

dosee Guest

Wagoner blew 2 billion dollars by paying off Fiat...Your ignorance on the shortcomings of Wagnoer again confirms my premise about the media is this region and how it failed in its coverage of inept automotive CEO's...

My post is about how the media in this region ignored the incompetence of people like wagoner and were obessed with sex and sleaze tales in Detroit..
    Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Easy now everybody.

easy.

This is no way to start the newest version of DetroitYES 2.0

I just don't get it, that's all...

Like, when people say the Big 3 weren't building the cars people wanted...obviously thats false, people wanted Trucks and SUVs, its basic business, supply and demand...

I for one am a little weary about the government forcing out the CEO of a private company...

dosee Guest

What rampant corruption of public officals ?? Other than the media's fetish over KK what massive corruption are you posting about Brooks DUI's?? Cox's cheating on his wife?? Debbie's husband getting blow jobs??

Please elaborate??

How about FBI probes about bribes?

dosee Guest

I have no problem with our government impacting leveraging Business leaders when my tax dollars are in play...

Our government past the 1964 Civil Rights Act becuase Americans were not being humane and civil of course our government should impact CEO's that are making our state a 3rd world venue...

Again where was our media ..Where was WSJ during the Madoff saga..The media has been MIA for decades escdept of course when it wants to play the RACE CARD...

Dosee, you don't make any sense. Wagoner did nothing illegal. Sure, GM relied a little too heavily on its larger cars [[with terrible mileage), but to say that he is the only one who caused GM's stock to drop $62 is absurd. There are plenty of others who are to blame as well, plus, Wagoner is practically being made a scapegoat by Obama. If he goes, then why aren't half of the banks losing their CEO's as well? If anything, they messed up much more than he did.

dosee Guest

We do not know anything about Wagoner's crimes yet!! becuase of the media's blackout about CEO's in this region!!

My point remains the same our media in this region has been MIA with regard to coverage of the CEO"s in the auto industry ...

Wagoner tenure was almost criminal...

lilpup Guest

Dosee doesn't seem to understand that CRIMES commited by elected officials are substantially different than bad but legal management in the private business sector.

lp...Dosee doesn't seem to realize that he is insinuating that Wagoner actually committed a crime!

What crimes do you think he committed Dosee???

dosee Guest

lipup you fail to understand that the crimes commited by private sector business folks do happen and are often more lethal than crimes in the public sector...

Again becuase of the lack of media coverage and focus in this region on our auto industry[[ no doubt driven by auto ad budgets) slugs like Wagoner were given a pass ....

The shallow leadership of losers like wagoner have been more lethal for many more than the sex and sleaze antics of a few public officals..Again I repeat Wagoner's legacy is almost criminal..

dosee Guest

Once we get some focused media coverage on RW then we can determine how many crimes he may have committed..

dosee Guest

Off to dinner I will return hopefully by then the crime blotter will list RW's crimes..lol,lol,lol

Off to dinner I will return hopefully by then the crime blotter will list RW's crimes..lol,lol,lol
    Are you slightly delusional???

Since the original poster thinks there should be some kind of connection between them in the way the media treats them, let's compare the comments each made to the media following their resignation.

Rick Wagoner, March 30, 2009:
    "On Friday I was in Washington for a meeting with Administration officials. In the course of that meeting, they requested that I ‘step aside’ as CEO of GM, and so I have.
    “Fritz Henderson is an excellent choice to be the next CEO of GM. Having worked closely with Fritz for many years, I know that he is the ideal person to lead the company through the completion of our restructuring efforts. His knowledge of the global industry and the company are exceptional, and he has the intellect, energy, and support among GM’ers worldwide to succeed. I wish him well, and I stand ready to support him, and interim Non-Executive Chairman Kent Kresa, in every way possible.
    “I also want to extend my sincerest thanks to everyone who supported GM and me during my time as CEO. I deeply appreciate the excellent counsel and commitment of the GM Board and the strong support of our many partners including our terrific dealers, suppliers, and community leaders. I am grateful as well to the union leaders with whom I have had the chance to work closely to implement numerous tough but necessary restructuring agreements.
    “Most important of all I want to express my deepest appreciation to the extraordinary team of GM employees around the world. You have been a tremendous source of inspiration and pride to me, and I will be forever grateful for the courage and commitment you have shown as we have confronted the unprecedented challenges of the past few years. GM is a great company with a storied history. Ignore the doubters because I know it is also a company with a great future.”
    Kwame Kilpatrick, Sept. 4, 2008:
    "I've always said that you need to stand strong for the City of Detroit...but sometimes standing strong means stepping down.
    "I want to emphasize tonight that I take full responsibility for my actions ... our challenge now is to put the anguish and the turmoil of recent months behind us.
    “I'm stepping down because the new spirit of this city, the new expectations and standards that we've set for excellence in the past six and a half years has been tangled up in what I believe is the pursuit of many people's own political ambitions, even our governor, Jennifer Granholm, who I wish well. Rather than focusing on the huge issues that are facing our state, from the record home foreclosures, the lack of affordable healthcare, a record unemployment in our state, Kwame Kilpatrick was at the top of her list. I wish her well and hope that the same tenacity, the same professionalism, if you will, and intensity that went around putting together a quasi-administrative court will also be the same tenacity to solve the problem of the people of the state of Michigan.
    "To those who have supported me throughout the years....I thank you with all my heart ...I know that supporting me has not always been easy, but it has not been boring either.
    “Under this administration, Detroit has become an example of progress and resilience. I am proud of the fact that we as a community have been able to accomplish so much.
    “This city always gets up. I want to tell you, Detroit, that you done set me up for a comeback.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast