Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Elephants eating trees

I guess this is why I should always carry a camera -

Driving down Atwater I spy what I thought was a billboard with an elephant on it. No, it was a live elephant blissfully eating leaves off a tree as its handler hosed him down. Apparently Universoul Circus is encamped behind Chene Park for few days. So, go and catch the elephant or catch a show.

PS - this circus is highly under-publicized, or I am listening to the wrong media outlets.

Great image, that.

Would have been great if you snapped a picture.

Neat! I'll have to wander down that way tomorrow.

Definitely the wrong media outlets. Tony Tone, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Guideboat View Post
    PS - this circus is highly under-publicized, or I am listening to the wrong media outlets.
    It was the lead entertainment story in The Detroit News on Wednesday.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...-at-Chene-Park

I looked at the forum first thing when I got out of bed this morning and misread the title as "Elephant eating trees". I'm glad with everything else that goes on, Detroit trees have not gone carnivorous.

What in the world is going on in that picture? Preparing for a game of elephant baseball in front of old City Hall?