Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dally In The Alley, this coming Saturday

Dalley In The Alley is this Saturday.Django needs a couch or sofa. The Dally is located at Second and Forrest. Lots of good music , food and refreshments.
    Hope to see everyone there!

I'm bringing a thermos of martinis.

Steve bennet Guest

Are they back to trying to stop people from bringing their own booze? Yeah, that really works out well.

We try and keep as much booze out as possible. The beer at the Dally is reasonably priced and excellent. Motor City Brew has a couple of different flavors available as well as wine. I know we all cant afford a four dollar pint but if you really want to BYOB you can work it. Some of the workers will take your open beer bottle or can though, just fair warning.

Will be there. Can't wait. [[Will there be a DYes gathering spot?)

3pm and 9pm at The Couch.

Steve bennet Guest

I always try to buy a couple from the beer vendors to support the cause, but bring some myself too and just refill the cup with my own. Usually later in the night nobody cares.

I remember a couple years ago, a buddy of a buddy who lived over there was trying to bring a case of beer to his house, but the security wouldn't let him though. The argument was actually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    3pm and 9pm at The Couch.
    I offered a blue couch via the private messages. Did you get the message?

Didnt get any message eno. Ill PM you. Thanks.

Dally on, the rain is gone.

Thanks PGN helping me get that couch.

Damn, couldn't make 3, car is acting up. Will try to make 9. Have fun!

Stromberg2

Can't make it, fellow forumites. Went home sick from my early afternoon engagement & don't want to spread the germs. Have one for me -- I'll see you guys next time!

Couldn't make it either, as I had a horrible migraine all day.

Can we set a future date for forum folks to meet somewhere?

Yes, it'd be nice to meet while the weather is still good. We used to have regular forum gatherings in the early 00s. Not sure if that still happens.

I was at the Dally from 5 - 7pm so was not able to make the 3 and 9pm meets. Next year I am requesting an additional 6pm sitting/serving. Stopped by the couch but no one there.

Default Did anyone go to the Dally In The Alley?

Not much reporting on the Dally In the Alley. How was it?

Went Saturday, had a great time! 100 kegs of beer was sold. It's a record.! The weather was great!

Had an awesome time on Saturday night. Lots of interesting people and overall great show.

Was there briefly. Had some good veggy fried rice from the Oslo stand, washed it down with a couple tasty Ghettoblasters. Saw a real cool young trio, The Crooks. Liked their 60's sound. Anyone that covers 21st Century Schizoid Man is ok by me.

The Crooks are very good! Helluva drummer, too.

Stromberg2

Went, and we had a good time. I agree with the other posts about The Crooks. We knew none of the bands this year. Saw very few old time neighbors, from when I lived on the Corridor. Time marches on. Briefly met Django, at the couch. This is my first post in quite a long time...
    Is tponetom still contributing? Always like your posts, tponetom!
    Last edited by Bobl; September-11-11 at 08:16 PM.

Not much of a turnout at the couch. Met Bobl which was nice. Sorry I didnt have a seat for you Bobl, had two strangers, one of which was a very old lady who could barely walk needed to sit down with her daughter. They sat there taking up space for three hours while friends came and went as there was no space on the couch as grendma had to rest. I finally pretended to get a text message and informed her that I had friends coming and wanted to have space for them to sit down. They were very nice, it just took a while for me to get the guts to kick an old lady out of her seat. Didnt seem like her type of party anyway. Wish I would have taken a pic of her.

Had to take a nap midway through the party and fell asleep on Gannons womans shoulder, thank you G. I cant believe I forgot to take pics while you both were there.

Missed PGN who was kind enough to help me get the heavier than normal couch there. Met his friend Pat who I also couldnt offer a seat due to above said couch squatters.

There was a medical marijuana Dr who also sat down with his friends who didnt ID himself as a Dyesser but took up space uninvited, I have a feeling hes on this site, maybe a lurker. He had the cutest little baby girl with him sleeping away rigght through the party.

Had two beautiful older ladies sit down and flatter me, that made my night until my girl showed up LOL.

All in all I had a great time, there was only one small incident by hooligans when someone got roughed up by a group of kids. There was another group on the third floor balcony above the SW stage who were apparently throwing bottles and firecrackers down at the stage. They had the balls to stop by the next day while we were cleaning up the alley and ask if they could still buy a t shirt. They got the complete tongue lashing by one of our captains, she then kindly offered them t shirts for $50 each, they walked away in shame. We had a boatload of voluenteers this year which was a huge load off my back and I actually got to sleep three hours twice during the three days it takes to put the Dally on. We sold more beer than any other Dally [[95 kegs) but still have lots of t shirts and posters left. If anyone wants to buy one check out the Dally on FB and their should be a link soon. We also still have a few of last years shirts.

The Dallys crew changes a little bit every year and the city no longer has our back. We get no trash cans, metal barricades and a few other services even though much of the profits go back into the Cass Corridor. If there are any complaints Id like to hear them and Ill pass them along, you can also PM me. As our elder Dally leaders have stepped down the younger ones have stepped up and much info is lost. Id like these tranactions to go smoothly as many of the folks who live near the alley it can be a pain in the ass. We need the ppl who live near the alley to be happy so if theres any suggestions please let me know.

To anyone who came I hope you had a good time.

Im going to try and add a video of the view from the couch, its real short, nothing too exciting.

The Martini Couch
    Name:  DSCF5473.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  39.4 KB
    With five friends
    Name:  DSCF5483.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  41.5 KB
    The Dally crew cleanin up the morning aftermath, w/ beer of course.
    Name:  DSCF5526.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  47.6 KB

No need for a seat. Colleen and I bring lawn chairs, and settle near the Forest stage. She has difficulty getting around, sometimes. I was walking a friend of ours around, to get her acclimated to the layout. Would have been nice to talk more, though. Maybe another time. Peace.

Seems like the Dally gets a little bit bigger year after year. Is this the first year they've done anything on Hancock street?

Malcove, as far as I remember this is the first year on Hancock besides the Honeypots. We also moved the Forest X 3rd beer tent over to Hancock and 2nd.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast