Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fall in Detroit!!

I love the fall. I love detroit. I love detroit in the fall.

football...cider mills...halloween parties...

what's coming up regarding things to do? events?

post it here!
    Last edited by MizMotown; September-06-11 at 02:11 PM.

I don't have any events to tell, but I concur. I think fall in Detroit is the best time in Detroit. Winter makes Detroit look awful.

Looks like Tigers playoff/world series games may be around the corner. Hopefully the weather is better than 2006. It was so cold and rainy, especially for the world series, and the Tigers played like they just wanted to get back inside.

I'm looking forward to Tigers baseball as well...along with the Lions...really excited for them...

We posted today our sports contributors prediction for the season.... http://woodwardspine.com/2011/09/06/paper-lions/

Lol, Lions. If they manage to get a good win-streak, I won't feel so pessimistic, but I still feel like it's waiting for pigs to fly so I can get lighter bacon.

I'm looking forward to the colors of the trees. That's about it.

I love going over to Harvard Street in east english village and standing in the middle of the street shooting a photo of the red and yellow canopy that the trees make over the street itself. I take a picture of the same scene during the spring when the leaves are budding and the summer when the canopy is fully green.

My mom says Detroit looks like Halloween all year round, lol.

I love going to the cidermill every fall and stocking up on fruit goodies, and getting a chance to see the exurbs looking their best.

And the inner-ring burbs [[places with lots of young families) decorating their house faces with halloween stuff.