Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Question: Does anyone who loved Bush hate Obama?

Then you are a hypocrite!

Obama has continued most of the Bush policies!

America still has a Bush prison, Gitmo[[remember that?), and we are just now winding down Bush's War in Iraq.

Well, at least Obama has saved GM and Chrysler from ruins...
    because as we all know now, Dick[[head) Cheney would have let 2 of America's Big 3 die, to be replaced by Korean Moter Companies, of which Cheney and Bush are stock-holders of!
    Last edited by Detroitej72; September-06-11 at 12:19 AM.

Damn near all voters on both sides of the aisles are hypocrites. This isn't news.

Isn't a hypocrite a person who promises one thing to gain popularity but then does the opposite for expediency Detroitj72? Like in your Gitmo example. I don't remember hypocrisy to have been a trait of Bush - but that didn't make him lovable.

bartock Guest

I think a better question is does anyone who hated Bush love Obama? I bet there are more of those than the question you posed, despite the point you have made that the policies have stayed largely the same.

Sigh. Where's Harry Truman when ya really need him?

Steve bennet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Isn't a hypocrite a person who promises one thing to gain popularity but then does the opposite for expediency.
    No, that's a liar.

A hypocrite is defined as a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve bennet View Post
    A hypocrite is defined as a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.
    i.e.: most voters, conservative and liberal.