Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Chamberlain Bakery

Anyone remember this place? I grew up, and my dad would get some of their bread for special occasions. What happened to it? Did they sell to someone? More importantly...WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE RECIPES?!

Any chance that Avalon Bakery could produce the breads and share some of the profits with the owners of the recipes?

I used to go there, then someone bought it. It didn't last long.haven't found bread that good , since

Been gone for a few years now, miss that rye bread.

It was bought by another food service company that wanted to save it from closing...can't remember the name, and it was out of business in less than a year. Sad..there sour rye loaf had no comparison...

Best Lithuanian Bakery in town
    The dark rye round loaf and the Latvian rye was to die for especially when it was still warm.
    I believe Alexander Horung bought them. Don't know where you can get the bread anymore. That was a tradition for the holidays.