Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default DetroitYES! Research!

Hello everyone,

This is Joshua Atkinson. I'm an assistant professor in the School of Media & Communication at Bowling Green State University. Some folks here have already met with Clayton Rosati and myself. We've been doing interviews with members of the DetroitYES! community for a few years now. We've been trying Skype as mode for doing interviews. That seems to be working for people. If you would be interested in doing an interview via Skype [[or face to face if that is more convenient), let us know. Essentially, we're asking questions about your role in the forums and in the community, online and off. We're also interested in your views and opinions about the city. More important this time around, we're looking to do interviews with people of color. We've heard from many DetroitYESers, and those folks have been predominately white. We feel that it is vitally important to get input from as many people, and as many perspectives, as possible. So if you're interested, just send along an email to one of us. If you have any questions, I'll be checking the thread and available for responses. Thanks!

Joshua Atkinson [[jatkins@bgsu.edu)
    Clayton Rosati [[crosati@bgsu.edu)

Well, that rules me out...

White, and strictly online discussions for me since I live on the other side of the Atlantic. [[Though that would make it an interesting demographical niche inhere. )

In any case, I think I'll keep my eye on this thread. Could be interesting.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; September-02-11 at 03:42 PM.

I'm in your target demographic -- shoot me a PM & we'll find some time. This fall is pretty busy, but I'd love to chat.

lilpup Guest

In the past we've had a few demographic poll-type threads [[Are you...? Calling out...) that have shown there are non-whites here, but maybe the response ratio is indicative of a larger tendency/pattern/identifiable social behavior differential.