Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default EMU Vs Howard football -- Go for the Bands Stay for the Game

Howard U will be playing EMU for the second time in the last four years. Hopefully coach English can turn the program around. Howard will just be a glorified scrimmage.

However half time will be worth the price of admission. If you've never seen a HBCU marching band perform at halftime you will be in for a treat.

Also the band will perform after the game as well.

All in all should be a evening of fun [[no competition with the U of M game) A sure win and first class musical entertainment.

Are they playing in Ypsi or Ford Field?

Ypsi this time

Go Hurons!

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    Go Hurons!
    I see you haven't been around Eastern in a while

I'm an EMU alum. Once a Huron always a Huron. Never accepted the change.

Yeah too bad the Hurons in the Ypsi area didn't take the same position as the Chippewa's in Mt Pleasant. If they did we still might be calling them Hurons rather than Eagles .

I agree with Downriver [[EMU '71). "Eastern Eagles" around here refers to Eastern WASHINGTON University....who are giving the U Dub all they can handle this evening.

But I digress. Someone should note that the game has been posponed until Sunday at noon due to weather. Admission is free

http://www.emueagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Howard U will be playing EMU for the second time in the last four years. Hopefully coach English can turn the program around. Howard will just be a glorified scrimmage.

However half time will be worth the price of admission. If you've never seen a HBCU marching band perform at halftime you will be in for a treat.

Also the band will perform after the game as well.

All in all should be a evening of fun [[no competition with the U of M game) A sure win and first class musical entertainment.
    Did not see the game, but read about the 41-9 victory. Postponed to Sunday with free admission? Did the bands play?

Yes, did a great job better than the football team LOL !

Go Hurons! Beat that little school over there down Washtenaw Ave.

Alas, it didn't work out that way. I always feel a bit sorry for schools that march into places like Happy Valley or The Big House looking for a payday. But having said that, I'm more optomistic about this years EMU football team than I've been in a long time. Coach English is beginning to see the results of HIS recruiting efforts, and the next couple of years should tell the tale.....I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    Alas, it didn't work out that way. I always feel a bit sorry for schools that march into places like Happy Valley or The Big House looking for a payday. But having said that, I'm more optomistic about this years EMU football team than I've been in a long time. Coach English is beginning to see the results of HIS recruiting efforts, and the next couple of years should tell the tale.....I hope.
    I don't feel a bit sorry for those schools, did you see how much San Diego St is suppose to get for playing at the Big House.. a cool 1 mil, plus the kids get a lifetime worth of memories. And in St Diego State's case maybe not even a guaranteed loss. I understand Hoke wanted to buy out the contract.

As far as Eastern I also hope they get better but so far I've seen Western, Central and Toledo and Eastern is going to have their work cut out dealing with at least those three squads.