Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Freshwater Railway

If you love speculative transit planning[[complete with schedules) then you are going to love this!!!

http://www.fwrail.org/
    Last edited by Russix; September-01-11 at 02:20 AM. Reason: fixed hyperlink

way cool! nice find!

That's pretty good for being entirely fabricated. I like it.

Somebody sure spent a lot of time and effort on that. Would love to see it come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans57 View Post
    That's pretty good for being entirely fabricated. I like it.
    I agree, pretty impressive. They definitely need to tone down the snarkiness though.

Great way to make a point. This is my favorite page.

http://www.fwrail.org/aboutfw/whowasnt.htm

haahahahahahahahahahaha

that is all

I am impressed by the depth,sophistication and, yes, humor of this project. It must be something produced for a university urban planning class and deserves an A+. "Dare to struggle, dare to dream."

Let's see, their address is 1100 Michigan Central Station which would have to be here.

Clever, and not dissimilar to what Portland does with it's light rail system. I had heard somewhere that someone had proposed a commuter system similar to the "Arbor Line". Anything come of that?

Wondering how u came upon this Russix, someone showed this to me a few weeks ago. Maybe we know the same people

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Wondering how u came upon this Russix, someone showed this to me a few weeks ago. Maybe we know the same people
    I was actually surprised this hadn't been posted to DetroitYes yet. I found it on the Support Detroit Transit Facebook page.

This site makes me smile, and makes me want to sit down and kick a few back with those who made it!

Surprising [[or not, now that I re-read my post) how much easier it is to understand services and get information about routes, fares, destinations on this fake page than it is on real transit pages that have had money and years of professional hours spent on them...

Quote Originally Posted by cramerro View Post
    This site makes me smile, and makes me want to sit down and kick a few back with those who made it!

Surprising [[or not, now that I re-read my post) how much easier it is to understand services and get information about routes, fares, destinations on this fake page than it is on real transit pages that have had money and years of professional hours spent on them...
    No kidding. They need a much larger disclaimer on the site or else I fear people will start asking me on the street what time the Freshwater train or bus leaves.

Given the recent discussion regarding a potential RTA, I thought it would be a good time to bump this thread on Freshwater Railway.

Neil also presented the concept at TedX this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYDqnl4RMy4