Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ford concept car

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...ion-for-future

Interesting project, especially the gull-wing doors. I might be interested if it comes with a Flux Capacator.

Thats a sweet looking car

A stunning vehicle! Insiders say it is the future Ford Fusion/Mondeo.

Stromberg2

That car's pretty hot. Showy without being impractical except for the doors. I could see a lot of people buying it.

I liked what they said about the headlights growing to a size that's almost cartoonish. I couldn't agree more. I like the look of the car and less use of bling. I think that would sell.

Wow. They're thinking about having the car react to things like external air pollution and the driver's heart rate? And giving it the ability to block the driver's cell phone?! I'd bet there are a gazillion other similar tricks they could add if they're willing to get that bold.

I'm still predicting they'll move traffic signals from the street to within the driver's heads-up display. That along with all the signage along the road today. Mark my words. That will happen.

This will never hit the streets... History proves my point. Detroit has a long standing tradition of creating stunning concept cars and then letting everyone down with a watered down version of it. Just read that the Cadillac Ciel has also been shot down, just like previously the V16.

Years ago Europe American cars are still considered status symbols [[apart from the Korean Chevys which re just rebranded Daewoos), just like a Beamer or Merc is in the US. Cadillac should have the balls to be way above the rest of the bunch. The recent Caddy's were just Saabs in disguise.

The Ford is interesting. I would drive it with the doors open in swell weather.

This is one sweet concept. Saw a photo of it yesterday, and for the life of me I couldn't see how it could be a 4 door. After watching the video, I was seriously impressed with how they hid the fact that it's a four door. THIS is how 4 doors need to be built, in order to appeal to the crowd like myself that cringes at the thought of a 4 door car.

I disagree with Whitehouse, it will hit the streets, but it will be a watered down version. Just as the Chevy Volt shared very little with the concept, everything that makes this Evos cool will be lost before it starts production.

Default Ford

If they build it, we [[buyers) will come.

I'd ride around with the doors open all day...

A few videos from the Frankfurt Motor show.

Last edited by animatedmartian; September-15-11 at 06:31 PM.

Default The Ford Nucleon.

I want Ford to reintroduce the Ford NUCLEON. We'll never have to pay for gas again!!!

While the world is hugely banking on nuclear power to save the environment of green house gases, Ford Motor Company nuclear-powered concept car comes back to focus. It was developed in 1958.

There is no internal-combustion engine in the car. It was rather, powered by a small nuclear reactor placed in the trunk of the car. At the rear, a power capsule also suspends between twin booms. The capsule contained radioactive core for motive power. It was designed so that it could be interchanged easily, according to the need of the performance and the distances the car would travel.

A car like the Nucleon would be able to travel 5,000 miles or more! However, it depends on the size of the core, without recharging. This is impressive for a car lover or an environmentalist, if not for a medical parsonell, as nuclear enegy is a never-ending subject of environment versus health controversy.

Can you imagine driving with no worries only to have another car smash into the mini nuclear reactor strapped to your back?
    Name:  nuclear-powered-car-ford-nucleon-thumb.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  30.2 KB
    Name:  ford-nucleon-atomic-car-thumb.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  19.7 KB