Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sorry for posting a blind link.. was not exactly sure how to describe that video [[Vimeo is not exaclty an unknown entity, for all you geek-nazi's who are bitching about posting a "blind link") but I will try-

An artistically shot and edited video, shot in Detroit that captures that hip-midtown vibe, with a focus on the emerging, energetic youth bicycle culture. And dont miss the air hump at 3:15!

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    You can't unsee things like goatse or lemonparty...just sayin'
    This.

I'm going to throw in the "Pickle Jar" for good measure. That is worse than both of those.

OK, so I watched this one time, and then I watched "It's So Cold" for the first time. End result? I can't get the hook to "It's So Cold" out of my head, and I can't the air hump image out of my head.

This is what I get for looking at ish like this during work.

Vimeo is not a "blind link," and I think the content was relevant and worth posting. Certainly horrible and now etched in my brain, but still relevant. Would you complain about a youtube link without a description?

Stuff like tinyurl, or bit.ly are blind links, and if you're actually interested then you can examine where they link without clicking.

Seriously, who are the people behind this video?

wonder if they got state tax dollars to make this video.......

if so...

BEST MONEY THE STATE HAS EVER SPENT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    According to the video, the girl is called Breezee One, and is from Detroit. She was in town over the summer to record an album... the director is from NYC.

From the looks of the vid, someone spent real cash to create it. Not sure if it was money well spent, but not being the target audience, maybe they intended to offend my delicate nature.

I will say, if they intended to discourage bike riding, air humping, beard wearing or spandex ... they succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    Google "Scrummage Records". They have been producing music in the city for about 5-10 years now. All sorts of stuff rock, hip hop, alternative. Its kind of a one size fits all record/promotion collective.

They had their start in the Eastern Market, now located in SW.

Breeze One was born and raised in Detroit. Moved to San Francisco a few years back, came back home to record for the summer. I heard on the radio she is planning a European tour.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    According to the video, the girl is called Breezee One, and is from Detroit. She was in town over the summer to record an album... the director is from NYC.

From the looks of the vid, someone spent real cash to create it. Not sure if it was money well spent, but not being the target audience, maybe they intended to offend my delicate nature.

I will say, if they intended to discourage bike riding, air humping, beard wearing or spandex ... they succeeded.

I believe they merely wanted their critics to self-immolate. You were feelin' it.

I will never be able to scoop ice cream the same again.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktLRiWXfqg

worse...i thought she was saying "it's all in the nick of time"

Nah, that was made before the NAACP and Kwhyme buried that other word [[RIP).

I think she needs to spend more time on a bike...

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelMack View Post
    And dont miss the air hump at 3:15!
    LOL. I missed t the first time because I could only watch so much. On the second viewing to see 3:15, I was locked in to the train wreck once I saw the technicolor unitard.

Botticelli builds may be on the trend to vogue again. They are overdue.

Maybe those skinny boys see her as a woman of means, her wealth apparent in her girth.

Witness the evolution of the queen-bee to be, hippest of the hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I think she needs to spend more time on a bike...
    The bike doesn't.

In a fit of shameless self promotion...just in case you missed the "Looking For America" thread, maybe this is a little more applicable for the City of Detroit.

http://youtu.be/LqcJwxCpreU

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Proof positive that hipsters have no taste.

Also another sign of the downfall of Detroit. We brought the world Motown, Techno, and now this is the shit we're producing? Some obese hipster and her stupid white kid friends? Blech.

Oof...

For a minute I was affraid you were acusing us of being hipsters....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Some obese hipster and her stupid white kid friends? Blech.

yeah, need more black hipsters added to the video to "keep it real"........

best first 20 seconds of product placement ever for The Detroit News -- The Hometown Newspaper.
    Even out-diddied "Detroit 187" in flashing the front page of The News. Does this mean skinny-jeans, splandexers and brown-baggin' skeleto boys on track bikes now read newspapers?
    If only.

I loved it. It was fun and different. She doesn't need CGI to achieve the same effect as Major Lazer did in this wonderful video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXd6u9o6dYY

You clicked on the link ... consider it a virus for your eyeballs. Ha ha ha.

I feel like such a target riding my bike now. I will be looking over my shoulder, hoping to not be added to the "collection".

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    wonder if they got state tax dollars to make this video.......

if so...

BEST MONEY THE STATE HAS EVER SPENT!!!!!
    ahahahahahaha.

But gannon's comment was also amusing. I just can't wrap my head around this, but methinks there will be many more bizarre Detroit hipster videos out in the next few years...the price you pay for letting the market dictate everything. If we'd had good planning practices 30 years ago, maybe we wouldn't be as ironic a place to film shocking hipster music videos!

In related news, and probably deserving of its own thread, Jack White and insane Clown Posse are chopping up Mozart tracks now...this can't end well...

http://pitchfork.com/news/43861-jack...e-clown-posse/

For all you fans, the ever charming Breezee One, will be tearing up the Old Miami.

At least that what she sez:

http://twitter.com/#!/BreezeeOne ... for all your Breezee One needs. Spandex and tramp stamps with your paid admission.

That jack white thing is cool. I feel I am cutting edge hip for knowing this ... for the next 30 seconds at least.

It's over now. So that's what its like to be cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast