Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Maryanne Godboldo Gets Justice!

Yay for the good guys. Really.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011082...text|FRONTPAGE

But now, there is still question about custody of her daughter...

Would you celebrate a Christian Scientist who refused to provide medical help for a child in deep trouble? Godboldo denies her child the meds she needs to keep her personality intact just when it is being formed. Godboldo, with no medical training, has decided on a course of natural treatments.

The child is already at a dramatic stage, evidently. But perhaps marijuana will help!

Buy American Guest

I didn't know it was okay to fire a gun at police when you think they are wrong.

Whether the State or the Police were incorrect, she had no business shooting at police...PERIOD!

She was damned luckey!!!

^^Why is that?^^

These people showed up at her house trying to bust her door down without a warrant. You mean to tell me if someone tried kickin your door in you wouldn't fire a warning shot?

Apparently the judge would've, and thats why her case was dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Would you celebrate a Christian Scientist who refused to provide medical help for a child in deep trouble? Godboldo denies her child the meds she needs to keep her personality intact just when it is being formed. Godboldo, with no medical training, has decided on a course of natural treatments.

The child is already at a dramatic stage, evidently. But perhaps marijuana will help!
    Apparently, the medication that she was prescribed is very controversial because of its side effects. I haven't been following the story too closely, but that much is enough to give me pause.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    ^^Why is that?^^

These people showed up at her house trying to bust her door down without a warrant. You mean to tell me if someone tried kickin your door in you wouldn't fire a warning shot?

Apparently the judge would've, and thats why her case was dismissed.
    If police are outside my door, have identified themselves, and I refuse to open the door then I am breaking the law, plain and simple. There are ways to handle situations and firing a gun as a "warning" shot or firing directly at the police is asking for trouble and isn't the way to do it.

There's plenty of gunfire in Detroit already, plenty of needless deaths due to gunfire. I am amazed at the judicial system for letting her off the hook without so much as a slap on the wrist. She literally threatened the police, the social workers with a weapon and she's free to do it again. She must know someone in high places to get away with it.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    If police are outside my door, have identified themselves, and I refuse to open the door then I am breaking the law, plain and simple.
    There's no legal obligation to answer the door, or allow them in if you do answer the door, unless they have a legally authorized search warrant.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    There's no legal obligation to answer the door, or allow them in if you do answer the door, unless they have a legally authorized search warrant.
    That's bull or maybe that's how some people live their lives but that's not how most law abiding citizens live. Most people have respect for the law and expect it to work for them, not against them. If this woman had a problem with the social workers or the police there were other ways to handle them. Certainly, by firing a gun in a situation like that would be like igniting a fuse and getting the police in a protection mode and defensive mode. This was a matter of her child's medication....she knew that the social workers were coming because this was an ongoing problem.

Isn't there enough of this shit going on in Detroit already without some mother firing randomly at police? Nice example to set with a bi polar child, too. She's lucky she wasn't shot and that her daughter [[whom she was protecting) wasn't shot as well. Things could have gotten out of hand very quickly and the outcome could have been worse.

This "have gun, will shoot" mentality in Detroit has got to stop but she got away with it. I guess the City of Detroit has turned into the OK Corral in one sense of the word isn't it. Again, she must know someone in high places. Nice example to set!
    Last edited by Buy American; August-29-11 at 09:45 PM.

LOL! Hah! If you approach standard medical care this way and you are a Christian you're a kook right-winger!
    Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post

Last edited by Zacha341; August-29-11 at 09:47 PM.

lilpup Guest

That's bull
    That's the Fourth Amendment of the US Constitution. Do you feel the US Constitution is "bull" Mr. American???

That's bull or maybe that's how some people live their lives but that's not how most law abiding citizens live. Most people have respect for the law and expect it to work for them, not against them. If this woman had a problem with the social workers or the police there were other ways to handle them. Certainly, by firing a gun in a situation like that would be like igniting a fuse and getting the police in a protection mode and defensive mode. This was a matter of her child's medication....she knew that the social workers were coming because this was an ongoing problem.

Isn't there enough of this shit going on in Detroit already without some mother firing randomly at police? Nice example to set with a bi polar child, too. She's lucky she wasn't shot and that her daughter [[whom she was protecting) wasn't shot as well. Things could have gotten out of hand very quickly and the outcome could have been worse.

This "have gun, will shoot" mentality in Detroit has got to stop but she got away with it. I guess the City of Detroit has turned into the OK Corral in one sense of the word isn't it. Again, she must know someone in high places. Nice example to set!

I'll agree that firing the gun is way over the line, but law abiding citizens should not be obligated to let the police in without a search warrrent. That doesn't sound very "American" to me.
    Last edited by MSUguy; August-29-11 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    I'll agree that firing the gun is way over the line, but law abiding citizens should be obligated to let the police in without a search warrrent. That doesn't sound very "American" to me.

I think you left the word 'not' out of there somewhere.

However, you should check the recent state Supreme Court ruling in Indiana. Apparently those Justices never read the Fourth.

If an officer illegally enters an Indiana home, the resident has no right to resist, the state supreme court there ruled Thursday, on the basis that allowing resistance would increase the risk of violent confrontation.

The opinion [[PDF), the Northwest Indiana Times reports, involves a man who yelled at police and blocked them from entering his apartment to investigate a domestic disturbance. The man shoved an officer who went past him, was shocked with a stun gun and arrested.

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," Justice Steven David wrote for the majority. "We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest."
    http://www.abajournal.com/news/artic..._entry_at_home

We're getting closer and closer to the former Eastern Bloc mentality every day.

lilpup Guest

I wonder why that was in the State courts in Indiana and not Federal.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Apparently, the medication that she was prescribed is very controversial because of its side effects. I haven't been following the story too closely, but that much is enough to give me pause.
    Regarding the meds - after the state took the child, the state was also NOT giving her the meds that they formerly claimed she so desperately needed. When Godboldo's lawyer [[or some entity) questioned this, the state admitted that the child did not "need" the medication.

So the state took her from her mother for not giving her this med that the state also did not give her and subsequently declared unnecessary. This case should scare every parent out there.

You cannot shoot at police; she should pay a steep penalty for this behavior.

If police enter illegally, you take it up in court.

lilpup Guest

So self-defense actions against actively attacking authorities in your own home [[assuming they aren't FAKES - you never know nowadays) are not allowed, even if those authorities' behavior is more heinous than the common street crook's?

So the state took her from her mother for not giving her this med that the state also did not give her and subsequently declared unnecessary. This case should scare every parent out there

Please cite the source of your stated information. Is this a statement directly from Child Protective Services? There is a lot of clamor in the rag papers like the Michigan Citizen and on the talk shows on this topic but they are always quoting family members and they never independantly verify any of the information or statements by family or friends.
    For example, there is a lot of foolishness about a warrant. There was no warrant because there was no search. There was an order by child protective services and that entity is at the top of the heap for authority to remove a child. Godboldo demanded to see it [[although she certainly had been warned that it was coming) but all hell broke loose before she was given a copy. Then her lawyer and friends like crazy Ron Scott who hates the police started to worry about whether the judge or magistrate's signature was maybe from a rubber stamp -something I imagine has been declared legal just as electronic signatures are legally binding.

All of this is smoke and mirrors from them. Godboldo herself maybe emotionally unstable - it appears so.

I think you just have to be quiet if the police enter your home - even without a warrant. Let the justice system work it out and then sue if you were wronged. You certainly cannot shoot at someone [[anyone) who has not shot at you.

I think this kind of action is dangerous. Now you may see more people ignoring the cops and possibly shooting it out with them because it was justified by this judge. This sets a bad precedent because there are enough of the anti-police crowd like Ron Scott who see this as confirming their claims.

Here's a little snipit from that respected publication Natural News. Do you believe it just because her family says it or maybe they are throwing anything and everything into the fray to see what sticks?

The child was taken to Hawthorn where she was immediately medicated. CPS immediately took possession and refused to let child's aunt near the child, which was also contrary to what was promised. Ariana was taken to Hawthorn without Due Process nor the family’s permission.
    Ariana was taken to Hawthorne Center in Northville, MI, where she was immediately medicated. Godboldo had to get court order to have medications discontinued. Judge Lynne Pierce rescinded that order, giving Hawthorn permission to medicate Ariana.
    Godboldo was contacted by Hawthorne Center and told that child had tested positive for an STD after being in their care for 11 days. Ariana was not previously sexually active, leading family to believe that child may have been sexually abused by someone at Hawthorne Center.
    Godboldo filed report of criminal sexual assault with the Detroit Police Department.

bartock Guest

If a shot was indeed fired, I'd have a tough time believing that the case would be dismissed without a trial.

Her attorney has maintained that she never fired a shot.

If there is no evidence that she actually fired a shot aside from perhaps a couple of witness statements, then, the case would be dismissed.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    So self-defense actions against actively attacking authorities in your own home [[assuming they aren't FAKES - you never know nowadays) are not allowed, even if those authorities' behavior is more heinous than the common street crook's?
    CPS had a warrant which Godbolo ignored. She held the police at bay for over 10 hours, with a gun and threats. She needs to be in jail. The authorities you're speaking of did not commit a heinous crime...they came to her home with orders from a higher court and Godbolo fired at them.

If I did this, either I'd be dead or in jail. She must know people in high places to get off without so much as a fine for the cost of the man hours it took during this seige.

Well, a shot was fired [[ a blue steel revolver on the piano with a spent case inside, plaster debris on the stairwell and gunpowder residue on the shoulder of one of the officers) but Giles must have thought it was the better part of valor not to bring that woman to trial. Sometimes, when you are dealing with a mentally ill person a trial isn't the way to go. However, I read that the Prosecutor is appealing Giles decision.

DetroitPole Guest

That is just what we need in Detroit. More shooting. Yay, violence solves things.

lilpup Guest

CPS had a warrant which Godbolo ignored. She held the police at bay for over 10 hours, with a gun and threats. She needs to be in jail. The authorities you're speaking of did not commit a heinous crime...they came to her home with orders from a higher court and Godbolo fired at them.

If I did this, either I'd be dead or in jail. She must know people in high places to get off without so much as a fine for the cost of the man hours it took during this seige.
    Godbolo said she didn't see the warrant. Furthermore the reason Giles threw the charges out was because the warrant wasn't valid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast