Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The FDA Has Become Like The Stazi, KGB, and the Nazis

It is time for this so-called regulatory agency to be reigned in...if it cannot behave, then it should be destroyed. By Any Means Necessary.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033428_FDA_secret_war.html

Read and weep. It is beyond reason, and inhumane.

Sincerely,
    John

For those not illuminated to why this is a big deal...

http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/

My cousin, an organic farmer in Illinois, died from a severe bacterial gastro-intestinal disease she got from drinking raw milk -- from her own cow. She only fed it hay and whatever else it had in the grazing field - not the grain diet some raw milk proponents claim is the root of all raw milk disease. She cleaned the teats thoroughly before milking.

Sorry to hear that, truly.

Generations before her lived better using raw milk. Everyone dies from something, I wish to discover why some consider this worth fighting for.

That is still not enough to justify keeping those who wish to consume it afraid of dying at the end of an assault weapon instead.

Not nearly enough to warrant the military approach to what is supposed to be mere regulation. Not in a supposedly free country.

I've had three cavaties heal themselves after merely drinking Calder's Natural Milk.

Teeth and finger/toe nails are the only non-invasive way to gauge the health of our bones. Sure, bone density scans have been developed...but mostly to scare women into taking un-necessary osteopenia drugs.

There is more to the story, and while I wish to not discount your loss...it is not enough to scare me away. They have militarized against it for some reason...

Sincerely,
    John

lit joe Guest

People have stoped using silverware minute traces of silver kills bad bacteria. Flatware does not offer protection that the old folks had. Cheap not always better.

John, your see the artwork of an assault weapon on a webpage... and you run with it.....

Somehow I don't picture many people being afraid of dying from an assault rifle wound after drinking raw milk.... That webpage scenario has "Sean Hannity" written all over it....

Louis Pasteur is probably chucklinkg from his grave... thinking P.T. Barnum was right....

It's the countless thousands in the 19th century that died of a lack of pasteurization that the website you're referring to... seems to ignore.

I'll keep drinking my beverages pasteurized thank you very much.... it hasn't done me any harm all these decades... and unlike RB336's cousin.... I'm still here and in good health to talk about it....

The FDA protects us with swat teams, if necessary, from raw milk, food coops, private Mennonite food buying clubs, vitamins, and even people selling rabbits. It is for our own good so that we can instead consume FDA approved things like mercury stabilized childhood vaccines, fillings with mercury, fluoride in our water supply, chemicals in our lunchmeat and Wonder Bread to extend shelf live, highly stabilized junk food, highly taxed tobacco products, herbicide and pesticide covered food, BGH laced meat and dairy products, and GMA Monsanto frankenfoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    John, your see the artwork of an assault weapon on a webpage... and you run with it.....

Somehow I don't picture many people being afraid of dying from an assault rifle wound after drinking raw milk.... That webpage scenario has "Sean Hannity" written all over it....

Louis Pasteur is probably chucklinkg from his grave... thinking P.T. Barnum was right....

It's the countless thousands in the 19th century that died of a lack of pasteurization that the website you're referring to... seems to ignore.

I'll keep drinking my beverages pasteurized thank you very much.... it hasn't done me any harm all these decades... and unlike RB336's cousin.... I'm still here and in good health to talk about it....

They have been getting increasingly rough with these raids, since their targets will not change.

NOBODY is saying stop the pasteurization for the masses who don't know or care about the benefits of raw milk, we just want the FREEDOM to buy and consume it if we wish to.

You can call me as reactionary as you wish, but these actions are becoming epidemic around the country. They raided a f'in' AMISH farm with a SWAT team a month or so ago in PA. I'm sure they were dangerous...

Fuck the FDA. Period. They are out-of-control. They serve corporations, not individuals.

Sincerely,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The FDA protects us with swat teams, if necessary, from raw milk, food coops, private Mennonite food buying clubs, vitamins, and even people selling rabbits. It is for our own good so that we can instead consume FDA approved things like mercury stabilized childhood vaccines, fillings with mercury, fluoride in our water supply, chemicals in our lunchmeat and Wonder Bread to extend shelf live, highly stabilized junk food, highly taxed tobacco products, herbicide and pesticide covered food, BGH laced meat and dairy products, and GMA Monsanto frankenfoods.
    Thanks for the levity...I really needed that...love ya!

BTW, Gistok, you seem to always over-react to the use of the term 'Nazi'...

Yes John I do sometimes over-react to the use of "Nazi" whenever it is used flippantly and without merit. My late parents lived thru the horrors of Nazi Germany, and you can rest assured that no recent Amish were executed by any American governmental unit....

Last fall when President Obama went on a 10 day tour of Asia... some middling Indian Maharashtra State midlevel government member said that it may possibly cost India $200 million per day in security for Obama's visit.

Well Fox "News" got a hold of that and their "commentators" Hannity and O'Reilly started using their "fuzzy" math and started false claims that the US taxpayers are spending $2 billion on Obama's trip to Asia!! Suddenly all the online blogs started chattering about Obama socking us with $2 billion... the online talk shows rattled on about it... and people on the street were outraged that we have to pay so much for Obama's boondoggle.

Well gee... let's see all this over some random comment by a middling Indian beaurocrat.... that Fox "News" took out of context and got so many Americans in an uproar.... OVER NOTHING!! And suddenly there were dozens of online blogs that had the same identical story... I guess if things get repeated enough... then they must be true??

Now fast forward to your post. That Natural "News" source that you referenced is NOT a news source at all... it is a Taiwanese Company that blogs on health conscious and [[their words) "skeptical" people... and they have 1 "commentator" by the name of Mike Adams... who contributed the story that your thread is based on.

So like with the $2 billion Asia trip... I did some snooping about... and sure enough there were plenty of blogger sites that mention that same [[verbatim) comments about the Amish at gunpoint situation.

Now I'm not going to say that this didn't happen... but for every overzealous group of EPA folks... there' probably a thousand that do their work without their AK-47's pulled out, and we NEVER hear about them. Like with all the Fox "News" headlines... we only hear about the sensationalized items that get highlighted to make people outraged...

The same can be said of the ACORN group.... after that one couple taped and edited [[thus taking it out of context) the ACORN members comments... suddenly every right winger became as outraged as Sean Hannity. Only later we found out the duplicity in the story... but not before ACORNs reputation was permanently damaged [[to the happiness of the right wing folks)... and of course the Fox News folks were mum on recanting that story.... but funny how propoganda works so well for whatever group uses it to their advantage. It's like they took a direct page from Goerings Nazi Propoganda Ministry...

Another propoganda tool I've seen is the Michigan Citizen... a "you have to be black enough" rag that absolutely hated Dennis Archer and his associates... [[remember the "Helmut" comments about Freeman Hendrix... a veiled comment that he wasn't black enough to be mayor of Detroit). Well the Michigan citizen is just another propoganda tool. My favorite headline of theirs was a few years ago... [[trying to establish a negative relationship where none actually existed)....

"Archer Gets $70 Million GM Contract / GM Lays Off 25,000"

I don't care if it's left wing propoganda, right wing propoganda... or "health and conspiracy" propaganda... I take it all with a grain of salt. We are inundated day after day on TV, on the Radio, in online Blogs.... with "spin"....

And the sooner folks understand that many folks using the banner of "reporting" are merely commentators... and many bloggers... are NOT experts... just people who are either agenda or profit driven. The sooner we as a society can learn to differentiate the truth from half truths among TV, cable, radio, print media and internet "outlets"... the sooner we can point this country in the right direction.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-29-11 at 08:58 PM.

Ravine Guest

That was a very well-executed post, Gistok, one of the more truly intelligent ones seen around this forum.
    You presented your theme, argued it with solid points, and wrapped it up with a clear declaration of a universal truth, one which is most pertinent to the internet:
    "And the sooner folks understand that many folks using the banner of "reporting" are merely commentators... and many bloggers... are NOT experts... just people who are either agenda or profit driven. The sooner we as a society can learn to differentiate the truth from half truths among TV, cable, radio, print media and internet "outlets"... the sooner we can point this country in the right direction."
    I don't know if we will see a response from Gannon, who already has declared his opinion-- partially gathered, it seems, from questionable sources which float shoddy explanations for their inability to directly quote any of the allegedly besieged farmers-- stated it as fact, and even [[for those of us too obtuse to infer that he has issued The Last Word) provided us with the vehemently asserted word, "period," thereby signalling us that no healthy discussion of the topic is welcome.
    But, none the less, a big thumbs-up for putting a pillow over this particular episode of breathless hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    BTW, Gistok, you seem to always over-react to the use of the term 'Nazi'...
    Perhaps your V8 engine is stuck in a Woodward Cruise and needs to rev itself without wheels to the road productivity so that it doesn't stall, but that doesn't mean the cruise is conspiring... it means your engine needs to see the challenge of some real open road.

And speaking of driving... how about driving over to the Holocaust Memorial at 12 & Orchard Lake and then coming back to join the Nazi over-reaction club? I bet your reaction commentary will be something more interesting and substantial than which guy in the Cass Corridor is banning people from his restaurant [[and likely not collecting a mound of empty shoes behind the establishment). That's the type of challenge I think your V8 is up to.
    Last edited by East Detroit; August-30-11 at 06:20 AM.

Gistok, of your 12 paragraphs, only one or two directly address the OP and that to discredit the messenger which, in your opinion, that Natural News "is NOT a news source at all". Presumably the corporate owned MSM, with the exception of Fox, can be counted on to present unfiltered and accurate news. I think it's a shame that so many stories have to be broken by non-MSM sources; some of which are eventually picked up by the MSM. Jon Stewart did a terrific job of outing the MSM coverage of Ron Paul recently. There is a movement afoot to only allow credentialed reporters to fully cover stories. Recently , a Republican Congressman banned all except MSM cameras from covering one of his events in a public building for instance. So much for street democracy and the freedom of speech clause.

I agree that "for every overzealous group of EPA folks... there' probably a thousand that do their work without their AK-47's pulled out, and we NEVER hear about them." While there are militarized police/FDA busts with guns drawn like the the one mentioned in the OP and the recent Rawsome Foods Coop raid, Photo: http://laist.com/attachments/lindsay...-food-raid.jpg
    there are other busts such as the $90,000 USDA fine assigned to a family making spare money selling rabbits. This isn't just the FDA. Even the DOE has a swat-like squad which has raided the house of a delinquent student loan recipient.

The point is that the raids are seemingly becoming more frequent and militarized and FDA is acting as a hand maiden of corporatist pharmaceutical and governmental [[economic fascist) interests.

I found a list of some recent raids. Why is the federal government even getting involved when the products are sold intra-state? The federal government must have better things to do like closing down US guitar factories. Warning: some of these were reported on by Natural News. They are either true or not. If true, why didn't the MSM report these stories in every case? This isn't anexhaustive list. I remember , for instance, stories of two vitamin distributors being shut down in Minnesota and a story about walnuts being declared a drug.
    "- 2008, December 15. Armed agents storm Manna Storehouse [[Ohio), a family farmhouse that operates an organic food buying cooperative. Agents terrorize and hold family hostage for eight hours while ransacking house, and seizing food, computers, and records
    - 2008, December 18. Agents pose as customers trying to buy goat cheese from Sharon Palmer’s Healthy Family Farms [[California). She is then arrested and thrown in jail, and her businesses temporarily shut down.
    - 2009, April 8. Undercover agents trick daughter of farmers Armand and Teddi Bechard [[Missouri) into selling them raw milk, which sparked harassment and extensive legal troubles for the family.
    - 2009, January 16. Federal marshals raid Cocoon Nutrition [[South Carolina), a nutritional supplement company, and arrest owner Stephen Heuer at gunpoint.
    - 2010, April 14. Dozens of FDA, IRS, and FBI agents conduct full-scale raid on Maxam Nutraceuticals [[Oregon). Company complies with all notices, but gets targeted anyway by a fully-armed, SWAT-style cadre of officers, who steal products, paperwork, computers, and personal files.
    - 2010, April 20. Two FDA agents, two US Marshals, and one state trooper raid Rainbow Acres [[Pennsylvania) at 5 am, breaking their warrant’s restrictions instructing an inspection at “reasonable business hours.” Agents scour the premises for hours and charge the farm with illegally selling raw milk across state lines.
    - 2009, Fall. USDA inspector shows up at Dollarhite Family Farm [[Missouri) and demands an inspection. After insisting there were no problems with the family’s small-scale raising of bunny rabbits, USDA officials later try to fine the family $90,000 for alleged violations.
    - 2010, May 26. Officials from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture and the Minnesota Department of Health send armed deputies to raid Hartmann Farm [[Minnesota). Agents order Mike and Diana Harmann to stop selling all meat and dairy products, and to stop delivering raw milk.
    - 2010, June 2. Agents from the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, the Trade and Consumer Protection Agency, and local health officials, arrive unannounced at Hershberger Farm [[Wisconsin). They violate private property signs, demand to do an inspection, and proceed to take shut coolers and order that raw milk be dumped in a field.
    - 2010, June 10. Officials from various health and law enforcement agencies raid the personal home of Rae Lynn Sandvig [[Minnesota), a raw milk and local food consumer, for allegedly “assisting in the sale of raw milk” from her home by sharing food with neighbors.
    - 2010, June 30. Various federal agents, and even Canadian agents, raid Rawesome Foods [[California), a private, raw food buying club, and steal computers, raw food products, and other materials. They hold members and workers hostage for many hours before finally leaving with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product.
    - 2010, August 26. Agents show up at Morningland Dairy [[Missouri) and confiscate cheese samples for testing. After improper handling of the samples, which allegedly return positive for contamination, the farm appeals. Officials then demand that the farm destroy its entire 50,000 pound inventory of raw, artisan cheese, valued at $250,000 .
    - 2010, September 21. Federal agents arrive unannounced at Camino de Paz Montessori School and Farm [[New Mexico) on supposed suspicion of marijuana. After scouring the premises and terrorizing teachers and students, they find nothing but fruits, vegetables, and other produce.
    - 2010, September 21. After years of fighting back against federal tyranny, the Christian church ministry Daniel Chapter One [[Rhode Island) is raided by agents from the FDA, IRS, the US Army Criminal Investigation Command and several other agencies. Agents break into the home of owners and steal computers, paperwork, files, personal documents, and hold owner at gunpoint.
    - 2010, October 15. Georgia State Department of Agriculture officials illegally search raw milk buying club truck without warrant, seizes and orders 110 gallons of product to be dumped.
    - 2011, March 9. Minnesota officials again target Hartmann Farms [[Minnesota), this time going after James Roettger, a man who helps distribute the farm’s food. Agents pull Roettger over while driving, seize as much as $6,000 worth of food from his van, and arrest him.
    - 2011, June 3. At the prompting of the FDA US Marshals raid Wyldewood Cellars [[Kansas), producer of natural elderberry juice, and confiscate the entire stock of product, claiming it is an “unapproved drug”.
    - 2011, August 3. Slew of agents conduct second raid on Rawesome Foods [[California), a private, raw buying club, and confiscate everything in sight. They handcuff and arrest founder James Stewart, without warrant, and proceed to destroy the shop’s entire food inventory.

The FDA isn't all bad. After all, it does allow Frito-Lay to advertise Doritos as being "heart-healthy".

oladub, here's a recent WSJ article about the raids at Gibson Guitar and other so-called environmental protection actions by our government. My advice is not to carry a wood instrument out of the country and expect to get it back in.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...471223268.html

My comments stand...because those Nazi-bent are here, they merely learned from their last-century actions and have become a bit more stealth, that is the ONLY difference between the 1930 and today.

Why is there money to install intersection cameras everywhere?

I don't need to go celebrate atrocity in order to fine-tune my sensitivity to evil, everyone else needs to wake the fuck up and look around. The evils of those like the Nazi lie not in what they were eventually able to destroy and kill, but in the slick and sneaky way they were able to not only put in place such a horrible machine...but to convince nearly the entire Germany people that theirs was the only and best game in town.

You want to tell me to study a warped and edited version of history, one that DOESN'T include Operation Paperclip...the action that grabbed as many of the German scientists and intelligence operatives, and placed them in protected environments behind Top Secret clearance...and allowed the current state of affairs in our country. I want everyone to know that those like Nazis are real, and they're NOT the hating skin-heads lurking about in the corners and shadows...they are in positions of power within our own government.

They might not be official Nazi-party affiliates...but if they could be, my bet is they would be.

No cheers on this one,
    John

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    My comments stand...because those Nazi-bent are here, they merely learned from their last-century actions and have become a bit more stealth, that is the ONLY difference between the 1930 and today.

Why is there money to install intersection cameras everywhere?

I don't need to go celebrate atrocity in order to fine-tune my sensitivity to evil, everyone else needs to wake the fuck up and look around. The evils of those like the Nazi lie not in what they were eventually able to destroy and kill, but in the slick and sneaky way they were able to not only put in place such a horrible machine...but to convince nearly the entire Germany people that theirs was the only and best game in town.

You want to tell me to study a warped and edited version of history, one that DOESN'T include Operation Paperclip...the action that grabbed as many of the German scientists and intelligence operatives, and placed them in protected environments behind Top Secret clearance...and allowed the current state of affairs in our country. I want everyone to know that those like Nazis are real, and they're NOT the hating skin-heads lurking about in the corners and shadows...they are in positions of power within our own government.

They might not be official Nazi-party affiliates...but if they could be, my bet is they would be.

No cheers on this one,
    John
    You started the thread with talk of the FDA and raw milk. Most of the responses pertained to that topic.
    Now, you are presenting a much more abstract viewpoint, one which looks at a much broader aspect of American Life.
    In a notably left-leaning forum such as this one, you won't find a lot of objection to your assertion that there is a certain Nazi-like mentality at work in various segments of our government & its agencies; you can stand, mostly unassailed, behind those remarks, but most of the responses were directly pertaining to the topic you presented and your opinion on it, so with your above-quoted response, you are avoiding any argument about your own original topic by switching to an abstraction, one with which no one is likely to find great fault and one which nobody was setting out to debate with you.
    But, if you have no defense, or further back-up, of your barely-hinged rant against the FDA and in favor of raw milk-- which, like a sort of Bio-Nazi, can kill you-- that's OK, we can talk about Naziism, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    You started the thread with talk of the FDA and raw milk. Most of the responses pertained to that topic.

Now, you are presenting a much more abstract viewpoint, one which looks at a much broader aspect of American Life.

In a notably left-leaning forum such as this one, you won't find a lot of objection to your assertion that there is a certain Nazi-like mentality at work in various segments of our government & its agencies; you can stand, mostly unassailed, behind those remarks, but most of the responses were directly pertaining to the topic you presented and your opinion on it, so with your above-quoted response, you are avoiding any argument about your own original topic by switching to an abstraction, one with which no one is likely to find great fault and one which nobody was setting out to debate with you.
    But, if you have no defense, or further back-up, of your barely-hinged rant against the FDA and in favor of raw milk-- which, like a sort of Bio-Nazi, can kill you-- that's OK, we can talk about Naziism, now.

I stated that I needed to add nothing to my original comments, which is why they 'stand'. Perhaps I could have been more precise with that comment, but I'm always trying to be trite...I get enough grief for my verbosity.

The abstraction began in the post from Gistok, which you lauded and applauded.

Please make up your mind what you are going to complain about, I was addressing Gistok's over-sensitivity to one of the terms in the very title of the thread.

It appears that you have preferences as to which abstract you will suffer.

Cheers,
    John

Gee, Gannon, I guess I should have used your debating strategy back in high school:
    "I have nothing to add to my opening statement; it has all I need to say. I am right, you are all wrong and I win" and then refuse to actually debate the issue at hand.
    I don't know if I would have won the debates, but they would have been much shorter.

Why do you have to act like such a jerk?

I never said any of that. I said I had nothing more to add to MY statements.

Your conversational skills need some refining, as well!

And by adding nothing to YOUR statements, you have essentially said that the debate is over. Then you changed the topic to the abstract.
    As to my conversational skills needing refining, you can't possibly know that as we have never engaged in a true conversation and probably never will.

Not at all, I answered someone's honest complaints over my choice of language.

I look forward to never having any conversation with you in our futures.

Cheers!

Dr. Emil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yes John I do sometimes over-react to the use of "Nazi" whenever it is used flippantly and without merit. My late parents lived thru the horrors of Nazi Germany, and you can rest assured that no recent Amish were executed by any American governmental unit....
    It must have been very tough for your Jewish parents to live through the holocaust. I assume they got out safely before internment?

I think it is actually funny that Gistok thinks I used the term flippantly and without merit, too. I am usually quite clear when I'm making a joke. This is FAR from one of those times. Thanks for reposting those words, I needed the reminder.

Cheers

The FDA Has Become Like The Stazi, KGB, and the Nazis</SPAN>
    The Nazis and KGB killed millions and millions of people.
    Why do people pull the Nazi card so often when it's not even compatible?

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NAZIS.CHAP1.HTM
    Nazi Germany
    20,946,000 Victims: 1933 To 1945*

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE4.HTM
    U S S R
    61,911,000 Victims: Utopianism Empowered 1917 to 1987

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast