Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kem brings Morris Day and the Time and Damon Williams to Cass Park TODAY 8/28/2011...

...and admission is as many canned food items you with to donate to help the homeless.

I only heard about this event from a new friend who is opening the stage at eleven in the morning...Emilio Basa, one of the city's more promising up-and-coming singer/songwriters...a genuine and beautiful old soul who makes dents in everyone else's who listens to his music.

This appears to be a growing event, it may be the third year Kem has given back to the community that helped save him from addiction and homelessness.

I think we should all get down there and support them. I know I'll be there for as long as I can...so much going on today...but I won't miss Emilio's show.

Cheers and more,
    John

This is good. I'll try to attend!

I'll be there, too!

A forumer shared this article with me: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...t_stirs_n.html

KEM's Cass Park concert stirs neighborhood concerns about homeless outreach in park

Definitely an interesting -- and necessary -- discussion.

Hello Eng! I just left you a vmail and an IM - contact me re. event... Thanks, Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I'll be there, too!

A forumer shared this article with me: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/in...t_stirs_n.html

KEM's Cass Park concert stirs neighborhood concerns about homeless outreach in park

Definitely an interesting -- and necessary -- discussion.

While we didn't have any trouble with security attempting to confiscate my old Olympus camera...they were a wee bit nazi-ish stopping us from finding my friend Emilio Basa on a side stage reserved for a meal-with-a-message. I'm looking through my images now, but even a couple of hours before the main event starts, the park is already getting busy.

It is a beautiful day for it, too.