Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default [Video game based in Detroit] Sometimes something is SO stereotypical...

This is a clip from the "Deus Ex" video game based in Detroit. Check out the speech of the hobo ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He09JaBVZdE

Oh gosh, I was almost more annoyed by the Christian Bale like voice.

Annoying indeed.......

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    Oh gosh, I was almost more annoyed by the Christian Bale like voice.
    Funny, I thought of Clint Eastwood sottovoce myself. It's all in good fun. When does the machine gunning start?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf4ESnINq30

Aside from the typical character stereotypes, it's pretty cool how they show Detroit atmosphere. I've seen Jefferson Dr. and Bagley Ave, a reference to Milwaukee Junction, notable landmarks like Comerica Tower, Penobscot, Ren Cen, and even the Metropolitan. There's allusion to the '67 riots too [[or just riots in general in Detroit).

Even the in-game citizens talk about sports [[not in this paticular video)

"Did you see the Wings against the Habs last night? It was a massacre..." No doubt what that reference is alluding to.

Link to that part.

I like the cop uniforms, they look like they could moonlight playing for the Wings.

I would call it stereotypical or even racist but all of the voice acting in Deus Ex is pretty bad from what I have seen. I was checking it out to play this fall but the voice acting it a real deal breaker.

I just noticed an elaborate El system on the last video posted. I's maybe gon buy dis game jus to see where da train system goes lol.