Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New 'state school system' hires chancellor with $175K bonus

Introducing the new 'statewide school district' and chancellor...

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110826/SCHOOLS/108260411/1409/metro/New-state-school-system-hires-chancellor-with-$175K-bonus

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28992779/index.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-27-11 at 02:37 AM.

Last edited by Zacha341; August-30-11 at 07:09 AM.

Everyone is complaining about his pay and bonus, but you get what you pay for. This is not an easy job, not a 40 hr/wk job to be sure.

Compared to the millions and millions DPS has wasted over the years, this is a drop in the bucket, probably the yearly budget of toilet paper.

The president of the MEA makes around $270k/year - I don't think it could be argued that $275k/year is out of line for the head of a state-wide educational administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    The president of the MEA makes around $270k/year - I don't think it could be argued that $275k/year is out of line for the head of a state-wide educational administrator.
    Not to mention the head of a state-wide educational administrator who is focusing on the schools with the highest need for social services, the lowest performance for academic achievement, and with some of the most difficult teaching environments in the nation.

Does anyone really think you can find someone to do it for under $200,000? I dare you to talk to someone who makes $150,000 per year. Then ask him or her if it's worth an extra $50,000 to face non-stop criticism and an emotionally toxic environment every day for 16 hours per day.

I think I'd just keep the day job.
    Last edited by corktownyuppie; August-30-11 at 11:30 PM.

how much in base salary will be covered by foundations/philanthropic groups?
    what exactly is the end-goal for whoever holds this position? how much is the minimum that schools must improve?