Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Somerset Collection

I had went to the Somerset Collection today. I had thought that the larger or extra space would be for women's attire and accesories and the original space would be for the men's acessories. Someone goofed. That larger space was used for TOYS and books while the smaller space was used as before; all stores crammed in one small area. This wasn't a good idea. Somerset Collections should had kept the original plans. Poor use of space eventhough I still appreciate them coming down to Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I had went...
    You 'had went'? HAD WENT?!

Oh dear...

I'm sorry...anyway...I can't go this time around, but I'll go next month.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; August-26-11 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post

Oh dear...

I'm sorry...anyways...I can't go this time around, but I'll go next month.
    "Had gone" sorry for the bad grammer. This is not an english class

Oh dear...

I'm sorry...anyways...I can't go this time around, but I'll go next month.
    "Anyways"? That's hilarious -- using improper grammar while you're rudely correcting someone else's grammar.

Steve bennet Guest

I was thinking about shopping there as well, but then I realized I couldn't afford anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve bennet View Post
    I was thinking about shopping there as well, but then I realized I couldn't afford anything.
    Haha. Ya, I was thinking of shopping there, but common sense told me a thousand bucks was a little too much to pay for a dress shirt at Neiman Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    "Anyways"? That's hilarious -- using improper grammar while you're rudely correcting someone else's grammar.
    That's a good one...

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    I had a good chuckle when I read "anyways" as well...

Sorry, statsu, I know this is the Internet...but 'anyways' is more of a filler and that's how I was using it. We write on here as if we were talking to each other personally. Sorry if I add a "s" to things, but I don't 'had went'. I will correct my mistake. But I digress...
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; August-26-11 at 11:22 AM.

Sorry, statsu, I know this is the Internet...but 'anyways' is more of a filler and that's how I was using it. We write on here as if we were talking to each other personally. Sorry if I add a "s" to things, but I don't 'had went'. I will correct my mistake. But I digress...
    Or maybe just keep your grammar corrections to yourself, especially when it's directed to someone on an online forum?.........

Anyways [[LOL) back on track. I have still yet to visit the collection, I'm hoping to make it down there by mid-September. I know the Fiancee would love to check it out.

The mini Somerset Mall in Downtown Detroit is now re-open for business for 3 days.

heh. Somerset/Detroit = monthly visitor. need more man-hole covers . . . at the collection center.
    Last edited by Lt. Dan Bassett; August-27-11 at 10:49 AM. Reason: add insults

I had visited the Somerset Collection again today. I guess the extra space was put to good use even with the toys being sold there. I was told by a vendor for Motor City Jeans that Somerset has a year lease with downtown Detroit pending on how sucessful they are. I would hope that a whole building will be lease to the Somerset Collection for use. I hope that Macy's would be a part of the collection in the future. Maybe Fairlane could lease a building downtown and house Macy's, J C Penney, and Guess Jeans in the space.

Finally made it there today. Bought a canvas bag from the one Detroit based store in the place -- at the back of the extra space.

I hope they choose to expand after the year's lease is up. It was tiny and difficult to shop. I can't imagine what it must have been like opening weekend.