Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Snyder forms PAC as fight over bridge intensifies.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...ge-intensifies

Hey, he's gotta make his money somehow.

Lansing Republicans love the prospect of getting paid off by both sides of the bridge battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Lansing Republicans love the prospect of getting paid off by both sides of the bridge battle.
    Dems too. Money is money and greed is greed.

I don't remember any Dems getting contributions from both sides of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    I don't remember any Dems getting contributions from both sides of the deal.
    Yeah Maroun's pretty much solidly aiming at the repubs with his lobbying

While it is true that most multi-billionaires [[Mr Maroun included) will hedge their bets politically and give to both the jackass and the elephant parties, in this instance it has been well documented that the Maroun family has given overwhelmingly to the party that has opposed the DRIC-turned-NITC.
    Overwhelmingly.
    To dispute this would be to embarrass oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMPOST View Post
    While it is true that most multi-billionaires [[Mr Maroun included) will hedge their bets politically and give to both the jackass and the elephant parties, in this instance it has been well documented that the Maroun family has given overwhelmingly to the party that has opposed the DRIC-turned-NITC.
    Overwhelmingly.
    To dispute this would be to embarrass oneself.
    Well at the risk of embarrasing myself. The last time I checked, Blanchard was a Democrat and was getting paid six figures to lobby for the DRIC. I'm sure it wasn't Matty that was paying him. PPP stands for Public Private Partnership. The Private Partner may not have the reputation that Matty has, but you can certainly believe that someone has been spending money on the DRIC's behalf this entire time. Thirty six million dollar studies don't just fall out of the sky.

Besides, where do you think Snyder is expecting the PAC money to come from?