Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Pot bust Chene and Mack

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28966356/detail.html

Mayor bing shows up for a pot bust. What a waste of resources. When the city finds something legit to bust thats when I want to see him gloat. Ive got nothing against Bing but damn. That op probably brought in millions of dollars to the city to be spent on electricty, water, growing supplies not to mention taking care of a building.

I knew this building before it was sold to the apparent growers and it was kickass, hydronic heating in the floors, wide open loft space, elevator, all mechanical gate and garage door, it was my Barbie Dream House.

There are no real borders, MBA's, there are no people, none from Detroit, thought they could do this here. LoL Gimme a break, this was nothing more than job creation and adaptive building re-use.

Barbie Dream House?! Sounds like, at least up until a day or so ago, it was MINE!

Ugh.

Mayor Bong was in heaven. He knew what he was in the middle of. If he had half a brain, he'd take this operation, and CONTINUE it. Use the Compassion Club in Eastern Market to sell the stuff in partnership with the planet's most popular marijuana advocate and turn it all into a cash cow...tourist attraction. Some states have agreements to honor other state's cards...with dispensary sales, and other compassion club benefits...no reason why we cannot do that here.

Detroit City Medical Marijuana.

But he'll take the temporary media glare and political 'win', all short term bullshit, instead. Of course he will.

I'm sure these guys took inventory, and I'd bet they have the requisite paperwork establishing the maximum number of plants per patient, that this is all...actually...legit. It is likely to cost the city dearly, and not make a god-damn positive difference in the issues with aggressive street-level bullying and occupying abandoned houses.

What a shame...all of that medicine...legal medicine grown under what appeared to be great controlled conditions...wasted on tight-asses so caught up in their profitable status-quo that they haven't noticed the entire WORLD has changed around them. Then again, politicians and cops have never had difficulty working around certain prohibitions...as long as they profit off of it somehow, they don't care.

The best unintended result of the medical marijuana law, as far as I can tell, is that now everyone knows someone who can publicly say what positives they get out of this amazing herb...and the tide of public opinion is turning. They're going to have to pull a fast scary one before any future election with Cannabis goes their fraudulent way ever again.

No cheers...cannot wait to hear the rest of the story on this one...and hope against hope the truly good guys win one, and big.
    Last edited by Gannon; August-24-11 at 06:01 PM.

"Come into Detroit with reckless abandon and"....

I found that statement rather humouress, with a touch of irony. lol

"...but we still won't respond to burglaries and violent crime..."

Watch...it'll have been revealed by a false alarm trigger...

...but didja notice on the Channel 7 newscast...he said they were likely stealing electricity, too. I doubt that highly. This was a professional operation, not some fast-cash-and-run one.

If I were Newshits in the Metro Times, the title would have to be, "When MBAs Go Skunk".

More I think about this, madder I get.
    Last edited by Gannon; August-25-11 at 06:49 AM.

I just rode by the spot on my bike a few minutes ago. The entire area smells.... heavenly.

They have crime scene suburbans, two tractor trailors I assume for hauling evidence out, and a crowd of people. Im dead serious though, that smell, that wonderful smell is everywhere.

What a waste.

Can someone explain what good this has done? Why would we want to put a message out that intelligent people with MBAs, hydroponic expertise and other people with cabbage to stay out of Detroit?

If indeed they were stealing electric, which I doubt they actually were, is true the bads on them. If they were stealing they no doubt made the decision not because its free electricity but because it was safer and harder to get caught.

It may have been a Barbie dream house the first couple of months, but dog knows how fucked up it becomes after a year of operations. You must know Django about the rot that comes from doing a grow-op in a house. This sounds like a loft setting, but still on average, suburban houses are totally ruined after a bust.

A shame on many levels.

Actually its all concrete floors and block walls Canuk, even the floor with the hydronic heating. It was a slick op, Im sure they kept it clean. I know someone who worked there as a trimmer for a minute, if I see him Ill ask. Yeah, Im sure its a pretty humid enviroment.

Steve bennet Guest

Doesn't Bing have more important shit to worry about?

If anything this bust hurt the city, because it's going to lose the income that pot would have created. Some of that money made could have been spent at those bars or liquor stores selling that dangerous deadly drug alcohol. Nobody seems to mind the alcohol though. Drink up. Drinking your drug is morally acceptable.

Maybe DTE will join in with audits of private homes [[remote or on site so long as the dogs are at bay) with high spinning dials on electric meters suggesting above-average electrical use ala a hot house. Stranger things have happened.... Oye!

Haters! Go bust some people for selling crack or heroin or crystal meth - drugs that actually destroy people's lives.

In 2008, the people of Michigan voted to approve the MIchigan Marujuana ACt. This is to allow patients to use marijuana for medical.

THe Michigan legislature failed to craft a law to explain how it get supplied and delivered to patients. So, prosecuters and police are busting people who grows the stuff for patients at a fraction of the cost to grow it at home.

This has been going on for three years. Yet, the Michigan legislature has failed to modified the law to explain who supply and regulate the stuff.

MEanwhile, judges were frustrated because overzealous political prosecuters was dragging innocent people before the courts.

Yesterday, the Michigan Court of Appeal outlawed any marijuana dispensing facility that supplies patients.

Until the Michigan Legislature explicitly identifies how the plant is to be supplied and regulated, "innocent" growers and dispensing facilities will face criminal charges by overzealous prosecuters, police, and politicians.

I predict that the Michigan Marijuana Law will be appealed to the US Supreme Court.

THe Michigan Legislature is one of the few full time legislatures. HOwever, they continually write vague laws.

Big waste, too bad for everyone involved. Who thinks Bing's hit a couple J's in his time?

Most def jeremy

No doubt, I've had a good number of NBA and NFL clients over the years...and they were all cannabis-friendly, at the very least. LOL.

Mayor Bong is one drawl away from sounding like John Conyers, I have little doubt that he enjoys it now...which is why he was so flabbergasted during the tour, the news caught him in mid-weedlust. You could see it in his eyes, and follow it in his lumbering language.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    No doubt, I've had a good number of NBA and NFL clients over the years...and they were all cannabis-friendly, at the very least. LOL.

Mayor Bong is one drawl away from sounding like John Conyers, I have little doubt that he enjoys it now...which is why he was so flabbergasted during the tour, the news caught him in mid-weedlust. You could see it in his eyes, and follow it in his lumbering language.

Cheers
    hahaha excellent breakdown, I have to say I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    In 2008, the people of Michigan voted to approve the MIchigan Marujuana ACt. This is to allow patients to use marijuana for medical.

THe Michigan legislature failed to craft a law to explain how it get supplied and delivered to patients. So, prosecuters and police are busting people who grows the stuff for patients at a fraction of the cost to grow it at home.

This has been going on for three years. Yet, the Michigan legislature has failed to modified the law to explain who supply and regulate the stuff.

MEanwhile, judges were frustrated because overzealous political prosecuters was dragging innocent people before the courts.

Yesterday, the Michigan Court of Appeal outlawed any marijuana dispensing facility that supplies patients.

Until the Michigan Legislature explicitly identifies how the plant is to be supplied and regulated, "innocent" growers and dispensing facilities will face criminal charges by overzealous prosecuters, police, and politicians.

I predict that the Michigan Marijuana Law will be appealed to the US Supreme Court.

THe Michigan Legislature is one of the few full time legislatures. HOwever, they continually write vague laws.

I think the problem is really that the Act approved by the voters was unfortunately too vague to be effective. Clearly voters are in favor, by a huge majority, of medical marijuana. However, the right wingers running the state are not, and they refuse to do anything to address the problem. I haven't heard of any legislation at all that has been proposed to deal with it.

There goes the sweet smell of success...............................

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I think the problem is really that the Act approved by the voters was unfortunately too vague to be effective. Clearly voters are in favor, by a huge majority, of medical marijuana. However, the right wingers running the state are not, and they refuse to do anything to address the problem. I haven't heard of any legislation at all that has been proposed to deal with it.

I very much doubt that this present legislature will.

Unfortunately, the battle will end up in the Federal courts because of highly conservative legislature failure to address a vague law.

The court costs will be costly for taxpayers.

Looking at the amount of lights that were shown on the video, this bill would have been in the thousands for the month, and think of the cooling that needed to happen during the summer, add more thousands.

If they weren't stealing electricity, they sure would have raised some flags with DTE and the neighborhood. That building was not big anough for the energy footprint. Did you notice the meters are right there on the street so any random person could come take a peek?

I'm surprised anyone would have thought setting up in that neighborhood was a good idea. No other buildings like around, bunch of pedestrians and alcoholics sitting around.

The investment just on the equipment alone boggles the mind.

Someone didn't get their payoff so they snitched and you have the Dave Bing dog and pony show featuring Benny Napoleon.

Ann Arbor, of all places, raided 2 dispensaries yesterday with the DEA. Anyone know of this happening in Detroit today?

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Looking at the amount of lights that were shown on the video, this bill would have been in the thousands for the month, and think of the cooling that needed to happen during the summer, add more thousands.

If they weren't stealing electricity, they sure would have raised some flags with DTE and the neighborhood. That building was not big anough for the energy footprint. Did you notice the meters are right there on the street so any random person could come take a peek?

I'm surprised anyone would have thought setting up in that neighborhood was a good idea. No other buildings like around, bunch of pedestrians and alcoholics sitting around.

The investment just on the equipment alone boggles the mind.
    I guess if they're actually paying their bills...DTE is making a ton of money, so what do they care? That is, after all we have seen, all they really care about. Hell, I bet if a serial killer got his hands on an electric chair and was using it to roast his victims, as long as DTE got their cash for the voltage I'm sure they'd be fine with it and look the other way.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast