Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default An Earthquake shook Washington D.C.

An 5.8 Earthquake shook all the Washington D.C. Area. The tremers felt all the way to New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and other areas in New England. Is there a new fault line forming or just the Earth coughing and sneezing. Or could this be one of the sign for the 2012 Mayan prophesy.
    Last edited by Danny; August-23-11 at 01:41 PM.

earthquake from one side, hurricane from the other

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44245009...ake/?GT1=43001

I'm in DC/VA and felt it....for a second i thought my boss was messing with me shaking my chair like he does, but it got more intense. Maybe lasted 7 seconds or so. At first I thought it was maybe a plane or a bomb...entire city blocks of offices were evacuated and told to go home. Oddly, the huge ass 100-ft tall construction crane that is across the street just kept working away like nothing had happened.
    Last edited by Patrick; August-23-11 at 03:31 PM.

It's funny cause the south eastern part of Ky felt it but up my way in the central part of the bluegrass we didnt feel a thing. It went up tru Cinncy and Columbus Ohio.
    We did have a quake back in 1980 and I remeber layin on the floor at my parents home watching tv and back in those days the B-52's used to have bomb runs at the Bluegrass Army Depot and the house shook like one was goin over but no sound just a rumble and my Mom knew right off it was a quake her being from Japan....
    Really though,,,all I worry about is tornados and lightning here...
    I dont think nature will kill the human race,,,it will be our own doing...Greed is becoming the down fall of this once great nation.....

"The Weather Channel says that yesterdays east coast earthquake was caused by an unknown fault line running under D.C. and through Virginia. It is now being called Obama's Fault, though Obama will say it's really Bush's Fault. Another theory is that it was the founding fathers rolling over in their graves, but I believe what we all thought was an earthquake was... actually the effects of a 14.6 trillion dollar check bouncing in Washington."

I'm for the "founding fathers rolling over in their graves" theory. Everyone here in Central Pennsylvania felt it, except me....I was sleeping...working the graveyard shift these days.

If Pat Robinson says it's G--'s punishment I have a tendency to beleive him since after all it is G--'s punishment that Drought has inflicted the state of Texas...because of Rick's Prayer meetings..