Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quake?

Default Quake?

Felt in DC, Toronto and Cleveland

Felt it here at Michigan and Washington Blvd. That was interesting.

I'm on the 7th floor on Canfield next to the DMC. I just felt the building move, and afterwards the fluorescent lights in my office were swinging.

I felt it. Scary. I hope this isn't getting to be a regular thing. The last one we had wasn't that long ago.

Felt it here in the ren cen, entire floor stood up at once!

Felt it here in NYC.

USGS mentions a 5.9 somewhere in Virginia at 1.51pm our time.
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...usc0005ild.php

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I felt it. Scary. I hope this isn't getting to be a regular thing. The last one we had wasn't that long ago.
    Last summer
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/24008084/detail.html

Freep report. I was taking a nap and didn't notice a thing.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011082...text|FRONTPAGE

DATE and TIME [[UTC) 23-AUG-2011 17:51:03
    LATITUDE 37.97
    LONGITUDE -77.97
    MAGNITUDE 5.9
    DEPTH 1.0 km
    REGION VIRGINIA
    google map location

DetroitPole Guest

"
    SoetoroSamba

2:05 PM on August 23, 2011
    This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore SoetoroSamba. Show DetailsHide Details
    OMG!!! IT's a by-product of global warming!!! HELP US!!!!

Please liberals...help us....guide us throught this with your higher intellects....if we only would have listened to your clown like BS before!!

SAVE US!!!"

Can you guess what local news paper online comment section I fished this gem from? Boy, these people never quit. Creepy.

Felt nothing in Midtown Detroit.

7 earthquakes in Colorado this morning too.

This is the sign! The Mayan Apocalypse is coming? The end of Ka-tun is upon this planet after 2012 the Earth will take off its living clothes and take a cosmic bath. She will wash our troubles out to the cosmos forever!

Should I take that as good news or bad news Danny?

Default Washington, DC

We felt it very strongly here in DC. Some of the buildings on our campus are being evacuated.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    This is the sign! The Mayan Apocalypse is coming? The end of Ka-tun is upon this planet after 2012 the Earth will take off its living clothes and take a cosmic bath. She will wash our troubles out to the cosmos forever!

What about the other 40 earthquakes we have daily?

Watch them all here... http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

That freep story incorrectly states that the quake was 3 miles deep. Exaggeration just a tad bit, no?

Now we get the wild hysteria on the evening news cycle. They will interview people on the street, who didn't feel a thing, and try to film fallen bottles of shampoo in the tub.
    That will be the first ten minutes at the top of every hour for the next few days.
    I didn't feel a thing.

Hmmmm..........wonder if this is connected to the HUM!!!!!!!!

I didn't feel anything, and my building was built in the late 20's. But someone I work with said it woke him up from a nap.

I have people in my building - a two-story - claiming they felt it -- I don't buy it. A tall building, sure. not this one though

Definitely felt at the DTE campus downtown; freaked some people out.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I have people in my building - a two-story - claiming they felt it -- I don't buy it. A tall building, sure. not this one though
    I was talking to my sister while it was happening and we both felt it at the same time. I was on the 15th floor of a tower in Manhattan and she was on the ground level of a three story building in Southfield.

I didn't feel it, but when I get home I'm going to stand on one foot and have my wife push me into the wall.
    Tomorrow I can tell people I felt one of the aftershocks.

I just hope my wife isn't pissed off at me about something.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I felt it on the second floor of a three story building.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast