Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tim Pamplin of Channel 4 [Exposed?]

You know -- the guy we hear frantically reporting some street scene story with an English accent, but never see. Why is that? We always see all their other reporters. He is always a voice, never a face.

This has puzzled me for a while so I did a Google image search and found this image, he is the tall guy, from an Hour Magazine benefit. I am not even sure this is him. It just seems like something a TV personality [or voice at least] might attend.

That's him

I think I've seen this guy's reports a few times, isn't he a video journalist?

He looks a little like Randy Quaid prior to him becoming a mess.

Probably why you don't see him on the tube very often

Steve bennet Guest

I wish someone would expose this Charlie LeDuff character for the sensationalistic hack that he is.

Like Mitch Albom, there are probably people who actually like and enjoy that guy. Sad world we live in sometimes.

same with Charlie Langton. Why does he have to scream?

I thought for sure that Pamplin would look like a goblin. Oh well.

Stromberg2

Pamplin is a great guy and a very committed journalist. He reminds me of a cleanp-shaven version of "Animal," the photographer from "Lou Grant."

How come he never appears on the air?

Stromberg2

his arms aren't long enough to hold the camera facing himself!
    NightCam is a franchise modeled after a similar endeavor that originated, i believe in Miami.

I like his reports, he seems to be everywhere. I have even gotten to the point of saying "Local 4" like he does.

I agree about Langton raising his voice, is he hard of hearing? I imagine his radio show will be the same way. He has good points at times, just needs to relax a bit.

I don't know it that is him or not but I remember he did a "Day Cam" in Hamtramck on Fat Tuesday when they were making paczkis and one of the bakers had the camera and she accidental shown part of his face and he was like get the camera off me.

I love the NightCam concept, but Tim covers too many BS auto accidents and petty crime. Why not expand his vision and cover some more of the many things that are going on at night in this vast region? Public meetings, art exhibits, parties, whatever?

Is it just me or are the spelling and grammatical errors at Channel 4 actually getting worse? Their website has been bad for quite some time. Now it looks like the website editor is doing some of the broadcast work as well.

Attachment 10571
    Last edited by John; August-30-11 at 10:32 PM.

Tim Pamplin started out at WDIV as a cameraman [[I wanna say a few years ago). I think the story was that he had some interesting banter [[and the accent doesn't hurt) for them to include him in his duties.

And why not? Two for the price of one!

Quote Originally Posted by kbreenbo View Post
    Tim Pamplin started out at WDIV as a cameraman [[I wanna say a few years ago). I think the story was that he had some interesting banter [[and the accent doesn't hurt) for them to include him in his duties.

And why not? Two for the price of one!
    It's kind of a forerunner of what modern cost-cutting media has become. The reporter is now photograher/videographer writer and editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    It's kind of a forerunner of what modern cost-cutting media has become. The reporter is now photograher/videographer writer and editor.
    That's why most of the Noose on the boob-tube and paper media is concise and in debt. I remember when the National Inquirer was the exception and not the norm.

Yes, this will become the rule, rather than the exception. You get to do 5 jobs for the price of 1.
    What a concept !!

Willi Guest

Prefer professional voice for journalism like Brian Williams, Cronkite, Rather, etc. Skip the gimmicks of accent please, its downright annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    Prefer professional voice for journalism like Brian Williams, Cronkite, Rather, etc. Skip the gimmicks of accent please, its downright annoying.
    I know. What's that BBC news doing on our TVs. Of course, if I get past the annoying accents there are some items worth watching, but that British accent is so gimmicky, you're so right.