Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Looking For an Awesome Loft to Rent - Downtown,Midtown,Eastern Market - Suggestions?

It looks like I will be reassigned to Detroit for work. With that being said I'd love to find an awesome loft to rent in the D. My assignment will be for two years, so I'm not looking to buy. I'm looking for all the amenities to include: hard wood floors, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, high ceilings, huge windows... a split level would be a refreshing change.

I don’t want to go over $2,000 per/m for rent; I'm assuming my car insurance will be going up...

1) Any Suggestions?
    2) What are the chances that I can just show up in Detroit and find a really nice unique loft fast; no waiting list?

Eastern Market List

http://www.detroiteasternmarket.com/page.php?p=1&s=78

Downtown Guide.
    http://www.downtowndetroit.org/ddp/housing_intro.htm

or check out http://detroitlivedowntown.org/ for a search engine of available properties.

agrahlma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fiyapowa View Post
    It looks like I will be reassigned to Detroit for work. With that being said I'd love to find an awesome loft to rent in the D. My assignment will be for two years, so I'm not looking to buy. I'm looking for all the amenities to include: hard wood floors, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, high ceilings, huge windows... a split level would be a refreshing change.

I don’t want to go over $2,000 per/m for rent; I'm assuming my car insurance will be going up...

1) Any Suggestions?
    2) What are the chances that I can just show up in Detroit and find a really nice unique loft fast; no waiting list?
    Broadway Lofts – I think unit 7A will be available at the end of the month. It’s nearly 1800 sq, 2-bedrooms, 2-baths, concrete floors, stainless appliances, and the elevator opens directly into the loft. Within a few blocks of everything downtown and its within your price requirement. I live there with my wife and 13-year-old son - PM me for more details - and I'll send you some pics of our place.

Wow.. Funny, but you would never know just by driving by these buildingss that they are so nice on the inside!

I looked at a great place at the leland lofts at lafayette park. I really liked it but I don't think he was too keen on my dog unfortunately. The unit was 2 bed/2 bath spacious loft with a private outdoor roof access.

He had it listed at 1500 but was willing to negotiate. The owners name is Sumanth and he can be reached at:

sumanthmuthyala@gmail.com

I love what they've done with that old handicapped school, but the management seems to always be a bit squirrely. When they were first selling units, they gave a friend of mine the runaround enough to chase him away.

I'd like to put in a good word for my old landlord at the FD Lofts in Eastern Market. A few of those units are extraordinary...and all are pretty cool. The outlying units have better sound isolation than the inside ones...but the place is very well run and kept very clean. Local access to Sala Thai and Roma's is a plus, there is nothing quite like living in Eastern Market. If you ask nicely, I'll tell you all my shortcuts for getting around Saturdays, Lion's Tailgaters, and Tiger's traffic.

Cheers

That really should read tailgatOrs, some of those folks can be purely ravenous idiots.

Hey John,

How many of those units are available in FD?

I'm not sure...some are offices, so they don't stay lit at night. It is tough to tell the occupancy, but everyone has been happy. My old neighbors are still there, although one moved from the lower WoodShop to something else inside the main building.

I heard something about my old unit coming available sometime soon, but have no idea if it is available. He's still got a few units that need renovation, and an entire plan for that north side of the building.

I'll be talking with him soon...and will try to get back with you. OR, you could just call him, he's usually easy to reach. [[313) 832-3000. Heck, he lurks here, he may just be expecting your call!

Cheers

Thanks John, I'll give him a call.

I think I saw that one on line. If it was the same unit it was sweet!

I spoke with Bob yesterday, there is one unit coming up...but I didn't learn which one. Some have southern views, most have eastern or western views...and a few have private entrances. Every one of them is cool to one degree or another. Give him a call.