Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gaddafi Finished?

They are dancing in the central square of Tripoli.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/af...425905430.html

Two of his sons are already in custody. His house of cards collapsed today.

I'd bet they will be dancing in Lockerbie tomorrow too.

Next up... Syria! A bad year for tin hat dictators.

Ravine Guest

The news we are hearing, now, is great.
    This time, I'm buying in; it really does sound as though it's finally over for him.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    A bad year for tin hat dictators.
    ...that the US helped empower and maintain...

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    ...that the US helped empower and maintain...
    Amen. The US' silence on Saudi Arabia and the Gulf emirates authoritarian governments is deafening.

I don't think the US as overtly helped empower Gaddafi but it did turn a blind eye to many of its activities after it went through the charade of turning over the Lockerbie bomber and renouncing nuclear ambitions.

Speaking of the released-due-to-being-a-'terminal cancer patient' Lockerbie bomber, it would be nice to see him returned to prison in Scotland.

I wonder how many jubilant rebels will die now from falling bullets and machine gun accidents.
    I saw a clip on the ABC news where a happy rebel almost blew the head off of the guy behind him with an AK-47. And that field reporter had balls to stand out there and do I live report with a hail of lead falling all around him.
    Makes our New Years Eve pale in comparison.

As much as I can't stand the regime in Saudi Arabia [[who are funding many of the terrorist groups out there); Without them the USA doesn't really have a presence in the middle east. In fact the USSR would have had a huge presence there and things could be different today.

Let's not mention our price of gas and where it would be as well...

In a dream world we would all live and sing Kumbaya together but the reality is a lot of back door deals and yes at times using people as puppets. That is the way the world has been for centuries if not millenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I wonder how many jubilant rebels will die now from falling bullets and machine gun accidents.
    I saw a clip on the ABC news where a happy rebel almost blew the head off of the guy behind him with an AK-47. And that field reporter had balls to stand out there and do I live report with a hail of lead falling all around him.
    Makes our New Years Eve pale in comparison.
    Then you haven't seen Detroit's NYE. Very similar.

I think if Kadhafi [[cadaver in english) ends up in rebel hands, his last words will probably be;
    " Afterr alll I done forrr you!"

The picture perfect narcissist.

Apparently, British Special Forces are in Tripoli hunting for Kadhafi.

Where's Muammar and his sons? They're not finished yet. It's looking like a replay of Iraq and the hunt for Saddam and his sadistic sons. Update: there's a report out that Muammar and his female bodyguards are in Zimbabwe!

In related news, at last we know what actually happened to Muammar's adopted infant daughter - she didn't die in the 1986 US bombing of Gadafy's compound.
    Last edited by Mikeg; August-27-11 at 09:24 PM. Reason: add update

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    In related news, at last we know what actually happened to Muammar's adopted infant daughter - she didn't die in the 1986 US bombing of Gadafy's compound.
    So, your telling us that St. Ronald of Reagan, Messiah of The Republican Party, and his cult of personality have lied to us all these years?

I can't believe this!!!

Thank you, Mikeg, for exposing this fraud for what he truly is, an average president who happen to be in the right place, at the right time.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; August-28-11 at 10:43 PM.

Hmmmm.... maybe some job openings for rebuilding the Libyan infrastructure [[and more) for French, British, Italian and American skilled idled workers and corporations can come out of this.... Angela Merkel is probably kicking her German ass right now for staying out of the fray....

The job/trade pickin's in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't all that great [[nor "welcoming") for all the trouble and lost lives we've gone thru....
    Last edited by Gistok; August-29-11 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Hmmmm.... maybe some job openings for rebuilding the Libyan infrastructure [[and more) for French, British, Italian and American skilled idled workers and corporations can come out of this.... Angela Merkel is probably kicking her German ass right now for staying out of the fray....

The job/trade pickin's in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't all that great [[nor "welcoming") for all the trouble and lost lives we've gone thru....
    I read that the Chinese were already demanding a part of the rebuilding action and they are probably interested in oil too. I came across this video of Gaddafi being driven through Tripoli. Not to agree with anything on the screen or say that Gaddafi was a democratic leader, but take a look at the streets of Tripoli. it looks like was a nicer place than Detroit prior to the bombing. There is no litter and everything seems painted. Gaddafi rides around with a lot less security than our presidents. What does that suggest? The second time I watched this, I cranked up the music especially toward the end.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11R5...ature=youtu.be

I too, must give thanks to MikeG for reminding us of the failure of Ronald Ray-Guns expensive and ineffective "big government" programs: Endless, reckless, wasteful intervention in numerous foreign countries, the main accomplishment being "blowback" [[See also: "Freedom Fighters", Gulbuddin Hakmatyar, Iran-Contra)

However I am puzzled by the endless jabs at the Nato support for the revolutionaries by right-wing and faux-libertarian posters, as the revolutionaries seem to have a very effective program of rounding up so-called "illegal immigrants" and using then as scapegoats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/05/wo...rants.html?hpw