Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Needed: a Cheap ride.

I am in need of a cheap running vehicle in the $1500 - $2000 range. I've been online for the past two months, and when you see a 12 year old Pontiac with 256,000 miles on it, for $2000, I kind of gave up. And that was a non-profit organization.

I'm on SSD, and in a rural area, and just need a vehicle to get me to the grocery store and my doctor. If you know of anybody who has a car to sell, - post me.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/2503192254.html

don't know anything about this craigslist volvo, but I do know about volvo 240s. Pretty bulletproof. If I was looking for a ride in your price range, I'd look for at a 240. Easy to wrench, gas sipping, parts are pretty ez to get...

I'll keep my eyes open for you ... are you without transportation now?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/2503192254.html

don't know anything about this craigslist volvo, but I do know about volvo 240s. Pretty bulletproof. If I was looking for a ride in your price range, I'd look for at a 240. Easy to wrench, gas sipping, parts are pretty ez to get...

I'll keep my eyes open for you ... are you without transportation now?
    Yeah Gnome - I sold my truck in April to pay back rent and utilities. Then in June I received the SSD.
    I'm just trying to avoid driving around three counties with my brother to test drive cars. We don't get along that well.
    I'm between Romeo and Lake Orion if that helps.

Well, hmm, sounds like you need to find something within the Lake Orion zip code. I don't venture that far north very often, but I'll keep your needs in mind ...

What kind of ride are you looking for? Does your health require a certain type of vehicle? Small econo box? Ancient LTD? Ranger? F-100? Automatic required?

Another thing, you should contact LuckyCar. He owns a lot on Oakland Ave in Pontiac and has a wide selection of vehicles. Last time I was there he had an old firetruck, while, I'm confident you'd pass on that opportunity, I would say you'd be a big hit at the next picinic.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Well, hmm, sounds like you need to find something within the Lake Orion zip code. I don't venture that far north very often, but I'll keep your needs in mind ...

What kind of ride are you looking for? Does your health require a certain type of vehicle? Small econo box? Ancient LTD? Ranger? F-100? Automatic required?

Another thing, you should contact LuckyCar. He owns a lot on Oakland Ave in Pontiac and has a wide selection of vehicles. Last time I was there he had an old firetruck, while, I'm confident you'd pass on that opportunity, I would say you'd be a big hit at the next picinic.
    Thanks gnome - I PM'd LuckyCar a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll find an old hooptie truck with good rubber - Auto or Manual. I need a truck to get a lot of stuff to Goodwill. No special needs at this time.
    Just want people to keep their eyes open for road side vehicles, and give me a heads up. Thanks all.

Hopefully, I will buy one just like this Monday morning, Cash, and a grandma car . Wish me luck. And I will do the Dream Cruise in ten years.

Attachment 10539
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-28-11 at 06:59 AM.

Can I get a recommendation on insurance? I live about 30 miles above eight mile. I know what a problem they have in the city. So- PL/PD. Thanks for any help. I was with AAA and Farmers Group before.

I'm on the Google, and will try to sort that out.

I'm on the Google, and will try to sort that out. Support the Film Foundation, we have lost too many movies so far.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-29-11 at 12:02 PM.

CaXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-28-11 at 02:56 PM.

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-28-11 at 02:49 PM. Reason: just had to add ten charaters

Lowell, we need to discuss this need to add ten characters.

hey big...try cincinnati insurance. i was with citizens forever and now that i have a teenage driver and another one soon, they gave us the best rate. AAA just seems to give you a decent deal then ususally ups it come renewal time.

Boy - Pete Seeger and Arlo Guthrie are two of the best people to inhabit this planet. I wish them well.

One ticket in 28 years. 21 years ago. And my insurance runs $120 dollars a month for PL/PD?. I hope that cigar you're lighting is from Cuba. Gag on it. I guess that the Lobbyists own us.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-28-11 at 08:18 PM.

The deal is not done yet - but I'm dealing strictly with neighbors, and have already been to the S of S for info. But It's nice seeing 20 $100 Franklin's on my laptop. I feel like 50 cent.

I tried to drop this post down, but I kept getting an error messege about not enough characters. This site is full of characters. Am I right?

Anyway, I have a ghetto cruiser now. So thanks for looking for me.

I'm getting insurance quotes on line now. Because of the off shoring of jobs over the last ten years and all of the layoffs, my credit is bruised. That means the car insurers in this state are asking premium rates.

Total estimated six-month policy premium as a AAA Member: $ 645.71

In connection with this insurance rate quote and any renewal of insurance, we may obtain or use a credit-based insurance score based on the information contained in your credit report. We may use a third party in connection with the development of your insurance score.

Do you belong to any of these types of organizations?
    Alumni Associations
    Berkshire Hathaway Affiliates [[WTF? asking much?).
    I found a company that will charge me only $73/ a month. State Farm.

Thumbs down

Boy, it's a mine field out there on the "Net".

Attachment 10570

Make sure you let everyone know when you are with wheels; some folks may want to take the bus that day.

I finally found an agent that put me $50 less/month than the online quote. Thank you State Farm/Lake Orion. $546/year.