Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Fired DHS Director Speaks About Lawsuit Against Bing

lilpup Guest

This smacks of a retaliation suit. We'll see if it has any merit.

lilpup Guest

I guess we'll find out soon enough - the Feds are doing their own investigation of the department now.

U.S. blasts state's investigation of Detroit Human Services

I can't speak to the whole DHS office, but from experience, I can say that the Weatherization Office at DHS has some major issues. I do bookkeeping for a contractor who does weatherization work for DHS. Invoices are sent out for completed work. The invoice amounts correspond directly with their purchase orders. They set the pricing in advance of the work being done. When the contractor gets paid [[after 5 to 6 months of waiting), the payments NEVER equal the amount of the invoice. Sometimes they are less than the invoice...sometimes they are more. And when they send the check, there is no explanation of the change. I have been a bookkeeper for 35 years and never seen such a mess.

Several times they lost all the paperwork the contractor submitted, and it was necessary to resubmit everything, which held up the payment again.

It is very difficult to continue to do business with this department...but the owner of the contracting company is commited to improving the City and does his best to deal with the frustrations. If it were me, I wouldn't do it.

I hope the lawsuit is dismissed, and whoever needs to be brought up on charges is charged..