Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default "River Readiness Exercise" 8/23 and 8/24

FYI, received via e-mail......

For your information, next Tuesday, August 23rd and Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 at approximately 9:00 am, the United States Coast Guard and the City of Detroit Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management will conduct a ‘River Readiness Exercise’ on the Detroit River.

This full-scale exercise will simulate an incident in the Detroit River, between Civic Center Drive and Belle Isle. Pyrotechnics and other devices will be used to create the likeness of a real incident. Be advised that this will cause artificial smoke and loud sounds in the area.

We advise that you avoid driving along Atwater St. between Civic Center and St. Aubin due to intermittent street closures until approximately 3:00 pm. each day.

THIS IS ONLY AN EXERCISE.

Gee, I feel safer already ...

I think it sounds like some good watching. I may wander for a walk down that way.