Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Did anyone else see...[The silver B-17 bomber flying up along Lakeshore in GP]

The silver B-17 bomber flying up along Lakeshore in GP this morning?
    Going to be at the airshow at Selfridge tomorrow, no doubt.

yes they are....practicing over my head right now.

Did anyone else see ... the directions about titling threads more specifically?

4 fighter jets just flew over my office at 14/Stepenson, scared the shit out of me to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Did anyone else see ... the directions about titling threads more specifically?
    That's funny, I opened the thread just to see if the poster was going to introduce a topic about
    aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    That's funny, I opened the thread just to see if the poster was going to introduce a topic about
    aircraft.
    Based on this 1 in 10,000 exception, maybe we should consider changing the guidelines ...

i saw it this morning...there was one last week too. Last weeks B-17 belongs out at Willow run, the one this morning is out of OH..
    Funny story..our resident know it all who know everything about everthing and is neverrrr wrong noticed the plane last week. Got all excited and called everyone to the window to see the big transport plane. of course he says that it must be headed up to Selfridge to deliver stuff..
    i pointed to it and said are you talking about the B-17? cause if you are the only thing that plane delivers is bombs and it hasnt done that in 60+ years..he shut up and shuffled back to his desk and I scored 1 for the good guys it made for a great day of silence from the know it all

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    i saw it this morning...there was one last week too. Last weeks B-17 belongs out at Willow run, the one this morning is out of OH..
    Funny story..our resident know it all who know everything about everthing and is neverrrr wrong noticed the plane last week. Got all excited and called everyone to the window to see the big transport plane. of course he says that it must be headed up to Selfridge to deliver stuff..
    i pointed to it and said are you talking about the B-17? cause if you are the only thing that plane delivers is bombs and it hasnt done that in 60+ years..he shut up and shuffled back to his desk and I scored 1 for the good guys it made for a great day of silence from the know it all
    ROTF. Enjoy your day of quiet.

Was out there today, B-17, B-25, P-51 and many other WWII planes as well as 3 F-16 2 F-18s and many modern days planes as well. Wing Walkers and stunt pilots were working the skies including a sky writer....it was all very cool. Dozens of people on the side of N River Rd......

You think some of these may be headed to the Chicago Airshow? It's been incredibly noisy in the skies in the loop today and it's scheduled to run this weekend.

2 Million people are expected to be in attendance
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicag...777524?sk=info

I used to go to the airshows as a kid, my Dad [[step) flew HC 130s outta there then later KC 135s for the 305th ANG. We got to go inside some of the planes, very kickass. It was always a family event with games and more personal airshows as I remember. They would have planes drop down low in the trees and simulate a bombing with explosives on the ground going off to look as if the planes had dropped them. Im curious if this was something everyone got to check out or was I special? LOL.
    Last edited by Django; August-20-11 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Crystal Palace

Saw the sky writer last night spell out "AIR SHOW", but he was trying to write something else I couldn't make out. I swear I was woken up early yesterday morning by the sound of a merlin-rolls royce engine passing overhead in the darkness. Can't wait until the f-18s pass over and literally suck all the air out of my condo.