Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Woman shot by fiance - baby dissapears during custody hearing? What?!

Young Afghanistan war vet woman living in Dearborn was shot by her 'fiance'. He was not charged - claiming self defense - prosecutor agreed. Their surviving infants maternal family upset... Then at a custody hearing the baby comes up missing!

All of this happening in less than two weeks! One article sites problems with the couple before.

No AMBER alert released for the baby? What's going on?

Deadly Shooting of Dearborn Mother Ruled Self Defense
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110815-wpms

4 month old baby goes missing following court scuffle in wayne county
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110818-wpms

Four-month-old girl disappears during emotional custody hearing in juvenile court
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...juvenile-court
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-19-11 at 08:05 AM.

Been following this story the last few days...this story is beyond f'ed up...

How the hell could the court officials just "loose" the baby? Did they even know who the hell they handed the child off to? Could you imagine if this were a scene in a movie, people would say it's too unbelievable.

Indeed, it IS tragic on so many levels. Someone is lying. And why no AMBER alert?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Been following this story the last few days...this story is beyond f'ed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    How the hell could the court officials just "loose" the baby? Did they even know who the hell they handed the child off to? Could you imagine if this were a scene in a movie, people would say it's too unbelievable.
    It could have been a well orchestrated statue of liberty play.

I wouldn't be surprised if the baby thought what a mess and walked out of there figuring she'd be better off on her own.

Shouldn't they have at least one camera shot of what was going on?

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    It could have been a well orchestrated statue of liberty play.

I wouldn't be surprised if the baby thought what a mess and walked out of there figuring she'd be better off on her own.

Shouldn't they have at least one camera shot of what was going on?
    I'm probably a horrible person for laughing at loud at that.

In all seriousness, I feel pretty confident the baby is safe and sound. Somebody is clearly lying, but everybody involved seems to be concerned for the well-being of the baby. Some family member probably has the child and just won't let the other side know.

That baby is going to be at the middle of a tug of war between the two families for the rest of her life. Her best hope is that whoever gains custody takes the baby out of state and raises her there, away from the hard feelings and self-righteousness.

For Michigan's sake, I hope the baby stays here; we need the people.

Maury! Maury!

Baby Evelyn found.... she's been returned to her father.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28924999/detail.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-20-11 at 08:50 AM.

I don't see Damon Daniel kill his finance by self defense and keep his daughter for himself. It's was more with a bad case of domestic abuse, animosities and MURDER! I wonder what would happen if the daughter grows up and find out the mystery of her mother? Would she disown her father or forgive him for his sins.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Put this case in to NBC/USA network LAW AND ORDER and lets see what happen.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Last edited by Danny; August-20-11 at 08:56 AM.

I imagine the threat of some child endangerment charges against the person in charge of watching after the baby to that point and brawling in court got someone to cough the kid up.
    Bring the kid back and there won't be any charges. I don't imagine the prosecuter and judge would be at all lenient against anyone they thought might be involved in the child's disappearance.

I wish this kid well, I think she was going to have a tough go of it regardless of what happened.

^^^ Yes, I feel sorry for baby girl Evelyn. There's going to be family drama to say the least ongoing. So sad for a child to loose a parent. Especially under these circumstances...
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-20-11 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    I'm probably a horrible person for laughing at loud at that.
    Then I'm just a horrible as you. I LOL at it too

Originally Posted by rjk
    "It could have been a well orchestrated statue of liberty play.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the baby thought what a mess and walked out of there figuring she'd be better off on her own."

Good one Rjk!

On a serious note I'm so happy baby was found safe&sound.