Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Green Dot Stables

Well it seems that the legendary Green Dot Stables is going to reopen. I've never been, but what was it like back in the day?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-...022964?sk=wall

Stromberg2

A speakeasy.

Green Dot was open as recently as a year ago- From what I understand, they were shut down when the DPD decided they were going to enforce the 2 AM cut-off.

For a little more info:

http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/greendot081611.aspx

Low bar, regular chairs instead of bar stools. Good food back in the 90's. The way the
    City is operating now, I doubt it will be open before next year. We're still waiting on
    Sugar House, Mercury Burger Bar, Octavia, Kavanagh's [[formerly Bally Cork) A very
    user friendly city.

back in the day, you needed iron lung to last 1 hr in there[[like cheech and chong's chevy w the smoke). They may not even abide the law if reopened. i have hard time believing a lot of these dive bars in D adhere to no smoking.
    Not like city has resources to enforce.

Is Kavanaghs open? It is where Bally Cork was?

Where or what is Octavia?

Stromberg2

Octavia - Italian restaurant in old pawn shop on 8th & Michigan, across from Nemo's
    Last I heard Kavanagh's was still waiting for their liquor license - in old Bally Cork on
    Trumbull & Bagley

Thanks, Preserve. What about The Sugar House Bar, where is that going? LJ's?

No, LJ's is here forever, it's going into a store front [[that used to be an old bar back in the day) next to Astro Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by preserve View Post
    Low bar, regular chairs instead of bar stools. Good food back in the 90's. The way the
    City is operating now, I doubt it will be open before next year. We're still waiting on
    Sugar House, Mercury Burger Bar, Octavia, Kavanagh's [[formerly Bally Cork) A very
    user friendly city.
    You can't say that the city is holding these projects up. The build out of some is still in progress.