Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Charles Pugh- staff problems, Internet town-hall

http://www.detnews.com/article/20110...fleeing-police

Starting at 2 PM today, Charles Pugh reportedly held an Internet-driven 'town-hall' meeting, with constituents. Promising to answer questions lifted from his Facebook, Twitter, Skype, and emailed video inquiries, on various issues of the city.. anybody get to see it?
    ..afterwards was a promised meet-and-greet at the Fountain Bistro in Campus Martius..

..I didn't get a chance to check out the webcast, though I had submitted questions the other day..

Meanwhile, apparently a staffer was arrested for fleeing police at high speed..
    Last edited by Hypestyles; August-17-11 at 07:23 PM.

Buy American Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the City of Detroit didn't hire felons? This guy, Arrington, must have some "personal" connection to Puke. So many people with good clean records trying to find work in Detroit and this guy is making $16 an hour. Three driver's license suspensions since 2009??

Something isn't right here, but then again, it is CofD politics here.

"We need to hold ourselves to a different standard."

A different standard from who, people in Jackson State prison?
    How about a pretty low standard of just not committing dangerous felonies?

As far as giving people a second chance, you would think that someone in a high profile position like Pugh would have wanted to steer clear of a guy like this.

Why? He's a politician, in training, just learning by example.

lilpup Guest

Whoever said the City of Detroit didn't hire felons? Just asking on the application doesn't mean automatic disqualification.

Buy American Guest

Well, we all see how good that turned out didn't we.

It's certainly on the application to become a cop in Detroit.

lilpup Guest

doesn't matter if it's on the app or not - it isn't a cut & dried determining factor

Hypestyles... your initial post is rather awkward in the way you start it off... bad news, good news... lets get back to the bad news.

It kind of reminds me of a Michigan Citizien headline "Archer Gets $70 Million Contract - GM Lays off 25,000".... those 2 topics were not really realated either. Except in this case by Pugh... the only common denominator.... and so far people are bitching about hiring a felon, and the council presidents message is lost in the conversation....

I believe in giving a person a second chance in life. Saying that, Pugh should had given this guy another type of job instead of liason or a spokesperson for him. Pugh should had let this person work his way up to the position that this person was holding instead of putting him right away into this position at the tax payer's expense. I would rather see him employ a struggling college graduate who having trouble finding a job and is good as being working with Pugh expecially as being a liason for Pugh.