Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default One Hour of TV = 22 Minutes Less Life

H-m-m-n-n. For those under 25, they say.

Decent trade for some of ya?!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44156412/ns/health/

I didn't get into the methodology used, but they say smoking two cigarettes is roughly the same result.

If that were the case, a few people I know are really pushing it...they should be expiring any moment.

I wonder by how much life is reduced reading internet stories about these things?

L. O. L.

I am fucking doomed, then.

It's been fun...

Between smoking, toking, women, and television, I should have been dead 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I should have been dead 10 years ago.
    Me too. At my rate of boob-tube-staring, I shouldn't have made it to 30. [[And that was a long time ago)

Coincidentally, 22 minutes is about the current amount of commercials in an hour of TV, if not more.
    Last edited by Meddle; August-17-11 at 07:40 AM.

After doing that calculation for the cyclist thread, I think this thread title should be changed to 82 minutes less life...

I just realized that my >10 years of marathon jogging might've reversed this, along with the cannabis toking...be encouraged, Bonger. You may see 125 after all, LOL!

Cheers

Every so often one or other government over here in the UK tries to tell us all how to live. We get told that if we don't do the 'right thing' then we won't be able to have access to public health services. It's all nonsense and all attempts to ration in this way have generally met with failure. Each individual has to do what he or she can to preserve their health and then forget about it. If I think about my health too much it makes me ill. Anyway only the rich can afford to live to be 120 so that cuts most of us out. Besides if I do get old I'm not going into one of our old people's homes, not while there are still rivers to fling yourself into.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Coincidentally, 22 minutes is about the current amount of commercials in an hour of TV, if not more.

I'd bet they are an accelerant to this decline, too!

Barbara, no worries, check out the Sweet Mystery of Life thread, we've got the antidote to all this!

Cheers

I love the Brits' use of language. They don't jump into a river or off a bridge. They fling themselves into it.

I agree with you people who said "if this were true" statements....My mother God rest her soul, watched so much TV and ate so badly that she should have died at 50, but somehow lived to 92 in her own home and taking care of it the entire time without any help.
    Made on pot of coffee for the entire week and had Hostess Donuts every day with that coffee, had TV dinners probably 5 days a week, drank a case of Pepsi every 2 weeks.....so its all in the genes or wait maybe it was all the junk that kept her alive.