Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Chessecake Bistro in Greektown

I was walking in Greektown today when I had noticed that a L's Cheesecake Bistro opening soon sign was hanging inside the window of the Sweet Georgia Brown former location. I guess that is good news

HEY! It ain't a Cheesecake Factory, but it's awfully close!

We'll need to find a new forum meme, then... ;-)

I noticed the "Cheesecake Bistro" sign over the weekend as well, but I couldn't find anything about it online thru Google.

Threadjack - Is the Brunch House [[former Breakfast House on Woodward) open yet? I thought it was supposed to be early August.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    HEY! It ain't a Cheesecake Factory, but it's awfully close!

We'll need to find a new forum meme, then... ;-)
    lol! Close enough for 50% fantasyland status becoming reality right?

Anyways, looking forward to hearing more about this place.

Me too. Also looking for news of the Brunch Place, too... I really miss the Breakfast House...

This Cheesecake Bistro chain is the closest imitator to the Cheesecake Factory [[except maybe the CCF's own Grand Lux Cafe):

http://www.copelandscheesecakebistro.com/locations.html

agrahlma Guest

I’ve been to the Copeland’s in Dallas – the food was very good. I didn’t realize they had locations called ‘Cheesecake Bistros’. If/when they open, I will be there!

Can't find any substantive announcement about this via Google or the bistro's website... has anyone checked things out? Any photos?

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Can't find any substantive announcement about this via Google or the bistro's website... has anyone checked things out? Any photos?
    The sign is posted in the window of the building which housed Sweet Georgia Brown. I don't know why Model D Detroit or Crains hadn't written anything on it yet. You will see the sign when you walk up Monroe St in greektown. I guess Detroit could not get the "Cheesecake Factory to open a restaurant in the city.

They will open one in Quicken Loans new Headquarters on the Monroe Block [[construction starts 2013, finished by 2016. 10,000 employees-48-story skyscraper...with AMC theatre and Virgin Record Music Store. Dreaming....or.....Far-fetched?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I guess Detroit could not get the "Cheesecake Factory to open a restaurant in the city.

You will see the sign when you walk up Monroe St in greektown.
    I saw it on my way to the taco truck yesterday.

I guess Detroit could not get the "Cheesecake Factory to open a restaurant in the city.
    We don't need a Cheesecake Factory, their food is over-rated and too pricey.

another business for the city is always good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    another business for the city is always good news!
    Sure is! I think it's actually pretty cool that we'd get the Cheesecake Bistro. The CF is all over the place now; the CB seems to have great reviews and they're only in the South thus far. It's a win-win.

agrahlma Guest

From Crain's -- short article - not much in the way of information...

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...ia-brown-site#

Is everybody jumping to conclusions?

Is the place opening L's Cheesecake Bistro? and not Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro?

Either way another business in an empty storefront is always good news.

We don't need a cheesecake factory, just a Cheesacke Bistro.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    We don't need a cheesecake factory, just a Cheesacke Bistro.
    Words of wisdom

what will be on the menu at the Cheesecake Bistro?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    what will be on the menu at the Cheesecake Bistro?
    Maybe a lawsuit from Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro to make them change their name?

Q: When is good news really bad news?

A: When LaVann Hawkins is the "L" in L's Cheesecake. Blurb in The News reports LaVann is back from spending quality time in Federal Prison and has hooked up with Chicago foodie, Jerry Kliener, to open this place as an upscale eatery.

The words, " Upscale " and LaVan go together like salt and open wound, so expect steamtable troughs of Catfish and creamed spinach. Wonder if they'll take EBT cards?

One of my favorite quotes this year!

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post

The words, " Upscale " and LaVan go together like salt and open wound, so expect steamtable troughs of Catfish and creamed spinach. Wonder if they'll take EBT cards?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Q: When is good news really bad news?

A: When LaVann Hawkins is the "L" in L's Cheesecake. Blurb in The News reports LaVann is back from spending quality time in Federal Prison and has hooked up with Chicago foodie, Jerry Kliener, to open this place as an upscale eatery.

Yuck! Well, I'll try it before I knock it... but this is so disappointing!

I am convinced any restaurant with "cheesecake" in its name will be pricey, and will leave you feeling lethargic after a meal.

I've never been to Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro. Do they have ridiculous waiting time to be seated like CCF?