Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Before I go on a rant... [Parking Motorcycles in Grand Circus Park]

Okay, I understand I live in a city where laws are not taken seriously....
    But a whole motorcycle gang parked in the middle of one of the cities most viewed/visited parks [[GCP). Really? This is ridiculous.....how is it legal to park a bunch of Harley's in the middle of a pedestrian walkway? I don't care that they around...but in the middle of a park....right on the walkway? WTF? Maybe I'm being a bit out there...but in any other town..ANY OTHER TOWN...is this acceptable? Can u imagine this happening in a major city like Chicago, NY, or ....even a small suburban town like N'ville, Plymouth, or any other town? Unacceptable.

I don't think it's legal. If it is I am in the wrong. But I will tell you, this whole scene on Adams Ave. between Woodward and Park has gone out of control. I don't care that there was a concert and Lions pre-season game. This sort of shit is brutal. I love it down here...but I'm pretty sure if there were really a surplus of cops, these clowns would have been ticketed.....

JUST ANOTHER GODDAMN RANT!!!

I apologize for being pissed off.

Sounds like righteous anger to me.

Couldn't you just kick the first bike and make them all topple like dominoes?!

That'd show 'em.

Does anyone look like Kwhyme...or is there one fellow with the silver full-face mask from the movie Gladiator? It might be Bobbie Ferguson, Kwhyme, and the whole gang...riding again.

Cheers, don't give them this much power over your emotions. It ain't worth it to get sick over...

Warning, your thread title is too difficult for most of the older posters on this board to attribute to your subject. You might want to add "Biker Gang at Grand Circus Park" to the title so they don't get totally lost. Either that or they'll hold protests outside of Lowell's house until he changes it. Just a warning.

In Rome motorbikes park in the plazas.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    Okay, I understand I live in a city where laws are not taken seriously....
    But a whole motorcycle gang parked in the middle of one of the cities most viewed/visited parks [[GCP). Really? This is ridiculous.....how is it legal to park a bunch of Harley's in the middle of a pedestrian walkway?
    Sounds like Daytona during Bike Week! [[check out lower right-hand portion of this pic...)

Isn't America wonderful?

Last edited by beachboy; August-13-11 at 02:53 AM.

I've got a guy in the neighborhood with open Harley pipes who idles at 100 decibels and opens up at 200 decibels. He can be heard for miles. This one guy makes the other 99.9% of Harley's look REALLY bad.

One guy - Harley's bad. F.U.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-13-11 at 04:22 AM.

Here's a video of the troublemakers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwB_M...eature=related

ROTFL! Protests with the torches and all like in the Frankenstien movies... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    ...You might want to add "Biker Gang at Grand Circus Park" to the title so they don't get totally lost. Either that or they'll hold protests outside of Lowell's house until he changes it. Just a warning.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-13-11 at 07:12 AM.

Wow a bunch of bikers go to the Kid Rock Show. Who would have thought it? Maybe we should have more Johnny Mathis concerts instead.

Me thinks thou does protest too much. If you're going to live downtown near major venues you're going to get noise.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Wow a bunch of bikers go to the Kid Rock Show. Who would have thought it? Maybe we should have more Johnny Mathis concerts instead.

Me thinks thou does protest too much. If you're going to live downtown near major venues you're going to get noise.
    We should also say if you are going to live downtown near clubs, you should also expect to get a lot of crime as well. Because quality of life in the city isn't that big of a deal right DetroitPlanner?

I saw them filming parking wars with ponytail on the way to the Lions game on Woodward to bad he didn't catch them that would have made for good tv

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Warning, your thread title is too difficult for most of the older posters on this board to attribute to your subject. You might want to add "Biker Gang at Grand Circus Park" to the title so they don't get totally lost. Either that or they'll hold protests outside of Lowell's house until he changes it. Just a warning.
    and Crumbled_pavement calls it. Can you give me the winning Mega Millions numbers please?

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    and Crumbled_pavement calls it. Can you give me the winning Mega Millions numbers please?
    I could, but I'm keeping that info for myself. Hey, I'm selfish!

Oh I see this all the time out here in the suburbs, people park their motorcycle's up on the sidewalks at stores or in areas where no parking is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsForTheHeart View Post
    Oh I see this all the time out here in the suburbs, people park their motorcycle's up on the sidewalks at stores or in areas where no parking is allowed.
    I believe his point wasn't that it was one or two parked here or there, but the entire area was a motorcycle parking lot. Which, I think he is correct in pointing out, would not be tolerated any where else without some sort of special use permit.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I believe his point wasn't that it was one or two parked here or there, but the entire area was a motorcycle parking lot. Which, I think he is correct in pointing out, would not be tolerated any where else without some sort of special use permit.
    That was my point. And on some other days, during broad daylight, people have there cars parked up there, completely blocking the walkway.

And these bikers were not going to the Kid Rock show. That I can promise you.

Well, I guess the attitude is "It is what it is"

Maybe we should shut down whatever venue that hosted the event. And shut down any venue that caters to those thugs. Their vehicles are making too much noise.