Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What bike club rides by St. Albertus??

I'm just curious, about four times this summer I have been volunteering at St. Albertus doing yardwork and parking lot cleanup. Each time I have seen a sizable bicycle group go by. Would anyone know if it is an organized club and if so what club it is? St. Albertus is on the corner of Canfield and St. Aubin.

Around 10:30am on Sundays? 3-4 times I've seen around 20 people ride by Sweetest Heart of Mary and heading towards St. Albertus.

I have always been at St. Albertus on Saturdays, around noon I see the bicycle tour go by. It's nice to hear they are around on Sunday too. 20 or more sounds right to me.

You're probably seeing the Hamtramck Bike tour put on by Wheelhouse Detroit. It's starts at their shop on the Riverwalk, then heads up the Dequinder Cut, then St. Aubin in to Hamtramck. It's a great tour. There is one more this summer.

Hamtramck [[sept)

Hurry - There are only 2 spaces left!

date: Saturday, September 03, 2011
    time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
    tour price: $25.00 with bike rental: $35.00
    Hamtramck is one of Metro Detroits most diverse and lively communities. This popular tour will explore its many angles: artsy, historic and multi-cultural, including the burgeoning Bangladeshi Avenue, the Polish Art Center, the must-see-to-believe Hamtramck Disneyland, the Power House that is getting national media attention and a Buddhist Zen Center. Riders will also get a chance to grab a treat at the charming Cafe 1923! Ride Distance: 15 miles.

There is also a "Churches of Poletown Tour" that goes by my Sweetest Heart of Mary.

http://www.wheelhousedetroit.com/tours/