Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Tent Cities - any in Detroit Area?

Saw this article today on tent cities popping up in major cities where the New homeless people are living. And when I say New Homeless I am talking about all the people who had good jobs and though no fault of their own have found themselves without a place to stay.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jersey-tent...ry?id=14272847

I would think with all the forclosures in Metro Detoit one or more may exisit here. Does anyone know of any? And are there any agencies that are helping these people? I would like to donate to an agency that helps in this. I have donated to all the food banks and missions in the area, but think there may be some other organization that is helping these folks.
    Last edited by Searay215; August-11-11 at 01:08 PM.

I'm not sure about "tent cities", but I'm sure there are plenty of people rotating around State and County campgrounds as their time limits are up. Maybe find the campground volunteers, who would know who these folks are, and what help they would need.

TentCityMichigan.org has a link to a national map but oddly shows no tent cities in Michigan.