Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bill Schuete likes talking out of both sides of behind.

http://http://www.freep.com/apps/pbc...=2011107290360

He vows that he'll zealously enforce measures passed by the voters.

Except when he won't

http://www.freep.com/article/2011081...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    http://http://www.freep.com/apps/pbc...=2011107290360

He vows that he'll zealously enforce measures passed by the voters.

Except when he won't

http://www.freep.com/article/2011081...xt|FRONTPAGE|s
    I believe he's also anti stem cell research as well. I love conservatives who are all about state's rights and "let the people vote" ... only to work aggressively against those votes when they go the "wrong" way.

I'm no fan of Schutte's reactionary politics, but I agree the law needs to be rewritten.

The "medical" marijuana law is an absolute joke. Either legalize it or ban it, but don't continue this current muddled joke of a system.

It's just an outlet for criminal outfits to operate outside the bounds of prosecution, thanks to a state desperate for cash.

I think the law could be clarified in some areas. But a lot of what Schutte proposes has nothing to do with making the law better. Instead, his focus is on adding more fear factor and uncertainty for patients and providers to scare them out of using or providing pot. None of these politicians pushing these laws supported the initiative in the first place so their motives are suspect. If Schutte wants the laws changed, put it up for a vote by all voters just as the original initiative was passed.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I love conservatives who are all about state's rights and "let the people vote" ... only to work aggressively against those votes when they go the "wrong" way.
    Conservatives don't have a monopoly on hypocrisy:

“What I’m not going to be doing is using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state [medical marijuana] laws.”
    Barack Obama, Oregon Mail Tribune, March 22, 2008

Obama cracks down on medical marijuana:
    http://www.npr.org/2011/07/12/137791...ical-marijuana

How difficult is it to get one of these cards? I've heard just about anyone can qualify, but is it really that easy?

Why have a card? Then the powers that be can easily just target you and where you live. If see a nice car or cars and a nice house= must be a dealer in the states and cops opinion.
    My own opinion is what you do on your time and property is YOUR business and as long as you or I don't interact with the general public then who cares.
    I was discharged from the U.S.N. for a positive test back in 1984.Funny how my fellow sailors could go out and get bombed nightly and then drag their ass to muster in the a.m. and this does'nt affect your responce time? Double Standards indeed..................................The law should concentrate on REAL Criminals and not waste valuable tax dollars on this enforcement.

Bill wants law enforcement to be able to spy on who's got a card, warrant or no:

Closer to home, the rabid new "tough nerd" government of Michigan and its crusading General of Attorneys William Schuette — leader of the unsuccessful opposition to the medical marijuana law — is using his post to undermine the law any way he can and is currently attempting to get it overturned in court, claiming the state law is pre-empted by federal law.
    Rather than simply accepting the will of 63 percent of the voting public, Schuette keeps picking away at what he sees as weaknesses in the statute and is now teamed up with equally hostile legislators to force through measures to compromise patients' privacy, severely restrict when and where patients may cultivate, and take away the legal rights of patients to challenge overly restrictive ordinances.
    The Michigan Senate Judiciary Committee has already approved Senate Bill 377, which would require medical marijuana patients' names and addresses to be sent to a database accessible by the Department of State Police with or without a warrant. This bill treats patients like criminal suspects and allows police agencies to go fishing for suspects without probable cause.

From http://metrotimes.com/mmj/pot-s-new-cold-war-1.1177460

Republicans always cry about "freedom from government intrusion," which is an attractive selling point for some, but is really the biggest crock of transparent BS in American politics.

What they really mean, of course, is 'freedom' from government intrusion for the things they like [[like the unfettered ability of their friends to, say, not pay any taxes, or pollute our environment with impunity, or endanger the health and lives of the people who work for them without any consequences), and to use the most repressive use of government possible to stop things they don't like, like, say, people's actual freedom to do what they want with their own bodies. Hell, even that great GOP 'champion of freedom' Ron Paul is anti-choice and would stick the hands of government inside women's bodies to force them to do as he wishes.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; August-11-11 at 12:36 PM.

Steve bennet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I

The "medical" marijuana law is an absolute joke. Either legalize it or ban it, but don't continue this current muddled joke of a system.
    you quote "medical" as if you know what medicine works for people.

The law is fine the way it is. There has been no negative impact on anything since the law passed. Why isn't anyone bitching about the over $8 million generated for the state?

The real absolute joke are the laws that make marijuana illegal to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Conservatives don't have a monopoly on hypocrisy:

“What I’m not going to be doing is using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state [medical marijuana] laws.”
    Barack Obama, Oregon Mail Tribune, March 22, 2008

Obama cracks down on medical marijuana:
    http://www.npr.org/2011/07/12/137791...ical-marijuana
    I don't believe I said they did. I would say they tend to be the most egregious offenders in the "state's rights" realm though.

Chief Spokesman for the suffering Prison Industrial Complex.

If they can't fill those prison beds what will they do? There are also millions of dollars more at stake in not being able issue fines, collect lawyer fees [oh is he a lawyer too?] and other wasted expenditures.

Mr. Schuette, please climb down off your special interest pulpit and start tracking down the state's thousands of un-served violent crime warrants. Oh wait that takes work and they shoot back.

If ya got em lit em up!

Steve bennet Guest

Who voted for this Schuette clown? The more I read about him the more I wonder.

Those complaining about the medical marijuana law and how "easy" it is to get a card don't seem to mind when a doctor prescribes Vicoden to a patient who has back pains. How ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve bennet View Post
    Who voted for this Schuette clown? The more I read about him the more I wonder.

Those complaining about the medical marijuana law and how "easy" it is to get a card don't seem to mind when a doctor prescribes Vicoden to a patient who has back pains. How ironic.
    That's because Marijuana is a schedule 1 narcotic, but Vicoden is a .......oh wait.

Steve bennet Guest

I'm not much of a conspiracy nut, but I firmly believe that those against medical marijuana are getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies. That's the only logical explanation.

If I smoke a strong indica strain an hour before bed, I don't have to take those Tylenol PMs. Or if I have a headache and I smoke, now I don't need an Advil. If I'm the type of person who mellows on weed, now I don't have to pop a few Xanax or perscription anxiety medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve bennet View Post
    I'm not much of a conspiracy nut, but I firmly believe that those against medical marijuana are getting kickbacks from the pharmaceutical companies. That's the only logical explanation.
    Pharmaceutical companies have some of the biggest lobbyists on Capitol Hill.

Steve bennet Guest

Ahh yes, the beer lobby.

All those years wondering why anti-marijuana crusaders aren't pushing to make alcohol illegal.

In another recent article, our dear AG Mr. Schuete said something like "the medical marijuana dispensaries are out of control here in Lansing."

I would like for him to site at least 1 example of something that is "out of control" in one of these places. Are there fights or something breaking out in these places? He must have weed dispensaries confused with all the bars in the city.

Schuete is a puppet. If you voted for this turd you should be embarrassed of yourself.