Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Cameras at the Joe

I couldn’t decide where best to put this thread, but figured it wasn’t important enough to put on the Detroit side, & I didn't want to bury it in the NHL Playoffs thread on the non-Detroit side.

I know cameras with 80mm or less zoom are allowed at the Joe, but my question is, how do you know? I think it’s the equivalent of 2.1x optical zoom, but I don’t know that for certain.

And do they actually check the cameras as people enter? I’ve seen folks use cameras with major-zoom [[you can see it on the super-large LCD screens) at the Joe, but their cameras look like small point-n-shoots.

I plan to buy a cheapy point-n-shoot for the game on Saturday [[yes, I got tickets), & the last thing I want is to have my new camera confiscated.

Thanks in advance!

I a pretty sure the camera rule implies to SLR cameras.

Thanks, nouthen!