Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Navy Seal Team 6 Conspiracy

I don't know if any of you caught this story, it didn't make big news over the weekend. I saw it on a couple of obscure corners of a couple of news webpages.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...087177,00.html

A military helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S. special operation troops, most of them from the elite Navy SEALs unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, along with seven Afghan commandos. It was the deadliest single incident for American forces in the decade-long war.

The Taliban claimed they downed the helicopter with rocket fire while it was taking part in a raid on a house where insurgents were gathered in the province of Wardak late Friday. It said wreckage of the craft was strewn at the scene. A senior U.S. administration official in Washington said the craft was apparently shot down by insurgents.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz1UTS7dtPn
    OK, what we have here stinks on many fronts. I don't even know if I'll get in trouble for posting my opinions on this. But what the hell, here we go.

I have a close personal friend who is an active Navy Seal. He didn't believe that we killed Osama Bin Ladin the way the media portrayed it. The entire deal went down shady. None of the standard military protocols were put in place during the operation. Everything was muddy. My friend has friends in Seal Team 6, and the ones he knew didn't say anything other than that what went down was "messed up".

There was a story out prior to the announcement of Bin Ladin being killed. It was about American shelling in Afghanistan had turned up bodies in a compound, and one of them was suspected to have been Bin Ladin. When the DNA tests came back, an article was posted and then removed from the internet. "This Page Can No Longer Be Displayed".
    The next day was the raid on Bin Ladin's compound.

Fast forward to this event this weekend.

CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports that the families of the group of men lost - which included 22 elite Navy SEALs - are beginning to come forward in their grief.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20089267.shtml
    The article said 22 Seals died, aboard a helicopter like this one:

.... Continued....

My friend who is in the Seals said even on missions that used 40 or more Seals, the team was broken up into groups of 5 to 8 Seals per transport. Never would they put that many Seals on the same craft.

Also, they flew at night, and these choppers flew thousands of feet in the air, not so close to the ground that it could be downed by an RPG. Yes, they said it was downed by a rocket propelled granade !!

It was a night raid into the Tanji Valley, west of Kabul. One team had already hit the target - the compound of the local Taliban leader - and called for help from SEAL Team Six. Their Chinook helicopter was apparently hit by a rocket propelled grenade, although that has yet to be verified by examination of the wreckage. There were no survivors.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20089267.shtml
    That would mean that this chopper would have to have been flying EXTREMELY CLOSE to the ground, in very hostile territory, as stated here:
    With its steep mountain ranges, providing shelter for militants armed with rocket-propelled grenade launchers, eastern Afghanistan is hazardous terrain for military aircraft.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...#ixzz1UTUisJBT
    Really? A chopper with 22 Navy Seals and special forces flying so close to the ground that a single taliban with a rocket launcher can easily take it out?
    How accurate is an RPG? Not very accurate at all.
    It's only good at extremely close range.
    Due to the lack of a guidance system in the RPG rockets, the operator must fire relatively close to the intended target, increasing the chances of being spotted.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket-propelled_grenade
    This helicopter does not REQUIRE low altitude operation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_helicopter

So, what do we have here?
    Elite forces piled into a helicopter and shot down by a primitive close range unguided RPG?
    Or do we have a cover up?

The ghost of Pamela Geller is wondering around....

....and she ain't dead yet.

Keep in mind that the teams prefer the highest level of "shush shush". Something just doesn't add up to me either, now that you've made these points Papasito. I will try to get in touch with someone and request their thoughts on the matter and then maybe repost them here. What really got me was, driving home from work today, and flipping radio stations, I did catch part of a speech this guy gave in Colorado.... sorry I have not the time or the interest to follow-up in more detail, BUT he remarked that missions such as this are "routine" now, and have been for the past several years in Afghanistan. Also remarked about how our special forces are, ummm, "fizzling" or "coming apart at the seams", something to that effect. Anyways, it seems that our Gov has offically recognized that we are asking way way way too much of our warriors and their families.

And unless I've forgotten, or have been mis-informed, or having a memory-lapse... I do fervently believe that the word "routine" does not exist in any special forces vocabulary. This botched mission really just seems to have been carried out in routine fashion. It just don't. Add. Up.

Fascinating. All naive as I am, I, too, was thinking something was fishy but what? None of these points would have occurred to me. It is very interesting to see them.

Is the premise that the Seals "knew something" and eventually someone would spill? So they were taken out?

I heard on the radio [[NPR), that our craft like that are only built to repell smart weapons, and not dumb weapons. Time to start over.

All naive as I am, I, too, was thinking something was fishy but what? None of these points would have occurred to me. It is very interesting to see them.
    It's all hogwash, just like the second gun on the grassy knoll and the alien abductions.

The way I heard it was that this happened during take-off while it was moving low & slow. It would have been about as hard to hit as the broadside of a barn from 20 feet.

I will say though that the bird was probably targeted as a result of the previous raid. Who did it is another question. Afghan rebels? Pakistani security forces?

I heard on the radio [[NPR), that our craft like that are only built to repell smart weapons, and not dumb weapons.
    The Chinook, is what ... 50s technology? Many of these birds flying today flew in VietNam. They tend to crash on their own; no RPG required.
    Last edited by Meddle; August-08-11 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    It's all hogwash, just like the second gun on the grassy knoll and the alien abductions.

And you know this WHY?, because you feel so clean and refreshed after encountering 'em?

Meddle, did you ever meet dear Karl, or even ol' whats-his-name, the other government shill that used to hang out with us and spout your same words?

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    And you know this WHY?, because you feel so clean and refreshed after encountering 'em?

Meddle, did you ever meet dear Karl, or even ol' whats-his-name, the other government shill that used to hang out with us and spout your same words?

Cheers,
    John
    Not to start a fight, but It makes sense to me that while our military was taking on the Russians, we forgot the man on the street. This helicopter was taken out by a guy in a mud hut, and a cheap rocket. Common, give me a break. We have to re-think our warfare.

Old Forum /Bump:

The parents of three SEALs recently said the government bears criminal culpability in the deaths of their sons.They are calling for a congressional investigation into the Aug. 6, 2011 helicopter crash in Afghanistan that resulted in 38 deaths, including 7 members of the Afghan National Army, an Afghan interpreter, 15 SEAL Team Six members, 2 members of West Coast SEAL and other U.S. troops. A rocket-propelled grenade struck the helicopter, causing the fatal crash. It was the deadliest day for America in the Afghan war.
    Were the SEALS targeted in retaliation for killing Bin Laden? The elite SEAL Team Six is a special operations unit whose actions are supposed to be classified. They uphold a strict code of secrecy. As a result, it is not publicly known which specific SEAL Team Six members were involved in the killing of the world’s most wanted terrorist, nor how many of those who participated in the raid were on the helicopter that was shot down.
    We now know, however, that the elite group and their families were shocked when Vice President Joe Biden publicly identified them on May 3, 2011, two days after the raid. He was speaking at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington D.C. at the 50th anniversary of the Atlantic Council, an international affairs think tank. It was a speech laden with praise for the intelligence and military community.
    “Let me briefly acknowledge tonight’s distinguished honorees: Adm. Jim Stavridis is a — is the real deal; he could tell you more about and understands the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALS and what they did last — last Sunday,” said Mr. Biden.
    They also believe the U.S. government was derelict in its duties by putting such a large group of SEALS on one aircraft. In addition, they want to know why the troops were using outdated equipment and were not permitted to return fire when under duress. The families believe the rules of engagement the troops are currently using serve to aid the enemy in easily killing Americans. Finally, they are incensed that at the funeral held in Kabul, a Muslim cleric recited a prayer over the bodies of the fallen that confined them to eternal damnation as” infidels.” This, they contend, is Mr. Obama’s “Muslim Outreach” strategy gone wildly wrong.
    The Obama administration has tried to defend its snooping on reporters by citing the pressing need to identify and stop the leakage of classified information that endangers the lives of those in the field. But, the second in command, Vice President Joe Biden, himself did so, in full public view. This was a colossal breach of trust and resulted in the reckless endangerment of the very bravest amongst us. Why has he not been held accountable?
    more at : http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/05/...candal-of-all/

The article reads a bit partisan but does bring up some good points. It's good to see discussion of the helicopter incident is not over. It makes no sense that such a highly accredited group of special forces, Seal Team Six, praised for their storming of Osama Bin Laden's compound, was brought down by a braindead weapon like a rocket propelled grenade.
    Last edited by Papasito; June-20-13 at 03:37 PM.

https://topinfopost.com/2013/06/21/o...laden-now-dead
    Over 20 navy seals are now dead. Who killed bin laden? Was it, a coincidence? There STILL isn’t any evidence at all that seal’s have killed him. There is evidence that suggest he was already dead and has been dead for years. Osama Bin Laden shown in the videos at the abbottabad compound is a double. A fake used by whomever for propaganda purposes.

Conspiracy theory?
    Then again, when you consider the backdoor surveillance and shady goings on of our modern US Government, anything is possible.