Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default WANT!!!!111!!1one!! Grrrreat toy!

Last Saturday during the Amsterdam canal Pride there was this thing hovering over the audience.

Turns out this thing makes some amazing cool pictures from the air. See the result.

Last edited by Whitehouse; August-08-11 at 11:44 AM.

Well - Whitehouse, I want one of these, a jet powered, 14' long, SR-71 RC toy! Crank the headphones up.

Attachment 10351
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-08-11 at 01:14 PM.

I want An sr-71 too!!!

Which reminds me of that guy who made a massive B52 RC plane only to see it crash. Not only was the plane realistic, even the crash is quite was!

Compare it to this. This is an actual B52 crash.

Just look how big that mofo is! Once it's airborne, it's hard to distinguish it from the real thing.

He made a new one after that.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; August-08-11 at 04:44 PM.

I'm impressed with the gut's these guy's have, to spend 1000's of hour's building these things from scratch, and then having to learn how they fly them. I've seen RC scale replicas at the air show, accurate down to the last rivet, that size, then they have to fly to qualify for shows!

As I by-post, I used to summer at a cabin up at Van Etton lake by Wurtsmith AFB. And to see five or six of these monster's take off at once at the end of the lake was awesome. Pardon the grammer, I'm in the dark in the backyard.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-08-11 at 08:05 PM.

I thought I'd post this link for Whitehouse.

You just have to watch it to appreciate it, but this is a video of an F-16 R/C plane with a little video camera mounted where the pilot's head would be that's flown by a person on the ground wearing a video helmet who can also move the camera around because the helmet has a gyroscopic tracker. LEGIT! *radio crackle* GEEKOLOGIE WRITER TO TOWER -- I'VE GOT A BOOGIE ON MY PINKY, OVER.
    Attachment 10598

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5OZC...ayer_embedded#!

Really don't want this one. Insuring this bastard will be a nightmare. The most expensive scale model car in the world. You can buy it now for $6.2 million!! That's the price for about 15 actual Lamborghini Aventadors.

Imagine accidentally crushing this under your feet.

I ran into a guy who was given a Lamborghini Countache as a college present [[1990). If he was a virgin before that, I don't know, but after that, the most popular guy on campus. But what was the Insurance for a kid like that?

Nice re-thread Whitehouse.