Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Where is your favorite place to sit at the game?

If ticket price and availability was not a concern, where do you like to sit for the Wings at the Joe; the Tigers at Copa, the Lions at Ford Field and the Pistons at the Palace.

Ok, I'll go first. For the Wings at the Joe I like to be about ten rows up in the upper bowl in the corners. From this area you can see everything without turning your head. You can also see the plays develop and the passing lanes. Most pro scouts sit in the upper corners for these reasons. For the Tigers I like to sit about half way between first base and the outfield wall, as close to the field as possible.
    For the Pistons I like to sit as close to the floor as possible on the side and right at the free throw line. Never sat on the floor yet but hope to someday. I'm still experimenting on different spots for the Lions at Ford Field.

At the Joe I like the top of the lower bowl behind the net so you can still see the playing surface over the net, but get good action. Obviously, I like to watch the end that has two periods of Wings offence.

At Comerica, I like behind home plate, about 10 rows back and to the right a little bit. You can really see how good some pitcher's curveballs, etc are from that vantage.

For the Pistons it has to be the rows behind the floor seats, center court. I am nervous that sitting in floor seats will result in me having a Larry David incident [[Curb Your Enthusiasm).

For Lions I like upper lower bowl, 50 yard line of course.

JLA- right off the rail of the upper bowl. Totally unobstructed and no one walks in front.
    Comerica Park- third base line behind the dugout. One can see plays developing and the distance of the balls hit too.
    Palace- about three rows off the floor. Close enough and relatively unobstructed when a coach or ref funs in front.
    Ford Field- anywhere lower bowl between the 40 yard lines is fine.

I used to attend every Lion game. I went to one game at Ford Field, and the big screen is actually clearer than what you see on the field. That's when I decided to stay home. If Bill Ford's got a screen that big, he doesn't need my money.

Palace for a concert....straight back. You may not be able to see as well, but the sound is a heck of a lot better.

Comerica....I don't sit. I eventually end up leaning against Ty Cobb's statue.