Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Locations

Default Locations

Where would you have your wedding pictures taken at in Detroit?

DIA/Library lawns, Belle Isle, Campus Martius, Riverfront, Guardian lobby,

I know a couple that had brief pictures taken right in the middle of Woodward, in front of the Fox Theatre, in the left hand turn lane. It was a Saturday in May, and there was a Tigers home game and Red Wings home game. Because of this traffic was very slow moving and there were cops on the corners and all. It was only bride and groom, and was done quickly, but they turned out really cool with the skyline in the background and the surroundings...

jt1's are good. Also, Chene Park, Mt. Elliot Park, Windsor if you want the Detroit Skyline in the background.

Take your pictures on the grounds at the Omni Hotel and hire FlyByDon to take aerial pics. Hell, I would hire FlyByDon to take aerial picks anywhere outside. Good luck.

Mine were in Dieppe Park in Windsor, with the entire downtown skyline in the background.

Alas, the pictures came out much better than the marriage.

Bridegroom parties tend to favor the "let's climb all over the Jim Scott statue" school of group photographs.

I've seen bridal parties come downtown in a limo to take pictures in front of the Spirit of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitcity View Post
    Nothing like the cliche photo on Woodward facing downtown. Let me guess, in front of the tiger was next?

Ha! Nope, no shots in front of the tiger. I didn't realize the shot was cliche, I thought it was sort of novel actually, especially being in the middle of the road. But I'll take your word for it...