Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Attachment 10728

If this is your thing, here's the recipe.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwBg&dur=251

AKA squirrel-stew

Or - you could just type in the above address. : )

A better use for Squirrels?

Attachment 10729

I'm a squirrel hater, not eater.

YYYiiiiiikkkkkkeeessss!!! Not exactly what I wanted to see as I was thinking about tonight's dinner!

The Free Press had the recipe for Squirrel stew just last week. In the meantime, I'll stick to the anonymous pre wrapped stuff at my grocers, thank you.

I know I'm late to the party, but has anybody made this trip pulling a travel trailer?

I made the trip four times - pre Navy twice hitchhiking, [[1970-71) and post Navy twice, driving.[[1976-77), Pre Navy I was fifteen with roving feet, went with two local girls as far as Bakersfield, and then by myself north to San Francisco. I rolled a sleeping bag next to the Will Rogers expressway, and met the guy who insisted he wrote and recorded "Their coming to take me away Ah-Ha" in Joplin, Missouri." Route 66 is pretty much gone, and I never headed to Vegas at the time. I just bought nice stereo's and the like from the Vegas losers that crawled home to the San Diego Navy Base from a bad weekend in Sin City. Not much help, but I wanted to put this out into the Internut.

Thanks for kicking this old thread back up. I quite enjoyed reading what I wrote ten years ago, and still do not disagree with one word!

Pulling a trailer should be no problem on the southern route, but the Continental Divide in Colorado will cause you much concern, either with the lack of speed or the radiator needle creeping higher and higher. And this time of year can see blizzards beyond imagination in Colorado.

Whatever, do post what you decided on and a trip report will be delightfully read!!!!!

Ray1936, recently I've been hearing several stories about the Lake Mead {and Powell} drought. They're beginning to refer to it as an "existential" problem facing multiple southwestern states.

So if Las Vegas and Henderson were to cease to exist, where would you move? Would you consider Michigan again or is there third option? Serious question.

Hoover Dam reservoir hits alarming record low
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-10-21 at 09:20 PM.

"So if Las Vegas and Henderson were to cease to exist, where would you move? Would you consider Michigan again or is there third option? Serious question."

We're gonna drop a pipeline into Lake Michigan around Gary, Indiana, and pump all the water we need, dont'cha know?

Seriously, yes, it is becoming a major concern out here. But since I'm 85, I think I can stretch out my remaining years with the existing supply. There is talk of desalination plants using ocean water and pipelines, but it's just that......talk. Serious answer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4