Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Crains House Party

Can anyone shed some light on Crains House Party? I would like to attend this event in Sept. and would like to know a little more about what this is all about.

Googled and pulled up this page on Crain's website:
    http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...t-house-party#

Nicely designed logo for the Party. For $60 buck you can go 'mingle and mangle'... there's a discounted rate as well per a phone number on the site. I am going to check it out......

I've participated as a host for Crain's Detroit House Party for the past 5 years. The house parties are, for the most part, in downtown or midtown. The link Katherine posted shows the various homes for this year's party.

Attendees choose which home to visit for the cocktail party when they register. They get to see the home, hear about life in the neighborhood, and meet other guests. A neighbor and I team up so our guests can walk through the park and visit both of our homes. Then by 7 pm everybody from all the parties troops to the main event — a big friendly tastefest at a central location where there's lots of good food and music.

In years past the central gatherings have been at the GM Wintergarden, the Book-Cadillac, and the Argonaut Bldg. [[CCS). This year it will be at the Roostertail.

One of the reasons that I like the House Party is that it gives suburban guests a chance to see that people can live very comfortable lives in many Detroit neighborhoods. Also, it's lots of fun. I've met many nice, interesting people while hosting and at the big receptions.

Sounds really cool...the pdf was a nice read.

Stromberg2

I've registered for this event, you have to choose from 20 different homes to start. I choose one of the 1300 lafayette condos with great city views. I've never been in this building and thought this is a great way to see what Detroit offers in purchasable units. I certaintly hope that I get a chance to meet some of you from this site at the Crains event.