Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Finally, a reason to be thankful for my hearing loss! Having constant ringing in my ear can be irritating, but at least I'm not hearing any of the things mentioned here.

The threshold of human hearing is around 30 hertz. These sounds can be very loud, but if your hearing isn't very good or you can't detect the low end well, you will not be bothered. Subsonic and near subsonic sounds can travel through solid objects and can have negative health effects.

Plus, no matter what your ears can or cannot pick up...we can perceive the next octave or two through bone conductance.

So, we're talking down to 7.5 Hz...taking your 30Hz limit to the reception/perception of the ear canals and drums.

I say, since the skeleton is basically a tough solid shield for our nervous system...and it looks remarkably like an old TV antenna...that we're fully capable of some serious ELF EM perception that we've largely been ignorant about. Maybe there is something to that 'gut feeling' after all.

Cheers!

The Alaska natives story predates HAARP. It was said to have happened pre-statehood.

I'm don't really subscribe to a lot of these speculative theories about contrails or such. But I do think that the rise of alternate explanations has a lot to do with the alienation from official information. I mean, does anybody really believe any official story entirely anymore? That sense of alienation is palpable and growing. And it is a real problem. We have a real need for transparency in government, business and more.

I hear it every night here in Las Vegas. It's my air conditioner.

These are not the droids you are looking for...

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...-1600-1200.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I hear it every night here in Las Vegas. It's my air conditioner.
    We have had a lot of that here lately , Ray.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-05-11 at 06:17 PM.

When I was young, the chillers on an office tower over 4 blocks away could be heard at night during the summers. It was a pretty quiet neighborhood so there weren't any other sounds to interfere. It was a low dull noise, but it actually helped put me to sleep.

Oddly, I can't sleep going home to my parents where it's dead quiet, because all I hear at night now is rooftop A/C units, hundreds of taxi drivers laying on horns, ambulances, patrol cars, or drunk people getting out of the bars yelling. and the tall buildings just amplify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Does anyone else hear and/or feel a very low frequency hum in the quietest hours of the morning in Detroit and/or Windsor?
    Dynamo Hum?

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Dynamo Hum?
    Don't you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    ... if Jimaz or someone can remember that MindBox thread...I believe the true source will be related to that.
    Googling site:atdetroit.net mindbox produced Discuss Detroit » Archives - Beginning January 2006 » The Mindbox - PLEASE READ THIS STORY.

The "husselfarb" link in the initial post of that thread is now dead but The WayBackMachine at The Internet Archive reveals its contents on December 16, 2005 as The MindBox - I Told You That There Would Be Some Bizzare Topics Here.

I'd like to quote it here for additional preservation but it's too long. Folks might want to save it on their own disk.

muskie1 Guest

Better start ordering the supplies to make these: http://www.stopabductions.com/

THE THOUGHT SCREEN HELMET STOPS SPACE ALIENS FROM ABDUCTING HUMANS.
    IT'S BEEN USED SUCCESSFULLY BY FORMER ABDUCTEES FOR TWELVE YEARS.
    And all this time I've been using aluminum foil - damn!

Why did I know you'd be able to produce this, JimAz?! Many thanks.

That is it, while I don't remember that story going into such detail...everything I DO remember is in there. Verbatim.

MK-Ultra alive and well in 2001. It is alive and well in 2011, also.

I give you the modern application, beyond country borders. Canada is where MK-Ultra was finally proven to be real, when one of their university studies was revealed to the public and investigated. People were actually compensated for being tested upon without agreeing to it.

As far as I can tell, they are using the electrical grid for nefarious control of the masses. I suspect those huge boxes with the power meters, which are every second or third block throughout this town. But I'm sure someone will be able to prove they are AT&T's and will accept no argument that they've been building the infrastructure for the NSA for many years. Every AT&T building has an unidentified room identical in size to the network switching room...where many believe a parallel phone/internet network has been installed.

<sigh>

If I didn't know the guy who was warned about his discovery a decade ago in that Berkley coffeehouse...who makes the best AC purifier I've ever encountered...I couldn't add up these loose ends. But I do, I heard his testimony. I also hear these tones, and see their effect on my partner.

I know too much about ElectroMagnetic effects on the human body...and unfortunately know that 'they' had been testing on unknowing subjects in many ways.

Now, we've got a body of people willing to talk about this, and come to their conclusions. Across a border.

It would be nice if this is where this silliness ends.

Sincerely,
    John

It's good I decided to wade though this thread because I can clear up a lot of the questions. Many people here in TX experienced this phenomenon in early 2008 but the cause was easily determined and eliminated. Much of the rest of the country was not so diligent and I've heard it's now too late to remedy the damage in several major cities, the state of California, and Detroit.

The hum is part of the 2008 BTM [[Brains to Mush) Project started by the DNC [[Democratic National Committee) in Washington [[where damage was the most severe, and irreversible, as it is in Detroit.)

Now you know.

The Humvee/Hummer program was another in a series of low-frequency bombardment plots procured via the US Army. The LEF's were known to hurt sensiblilties at close-range. When deployed, the Humvee [[in armed response) or the Hummer [[in urban traffic) with engines running at idle speed, will invariably produce ill-effects on the surrounding population. It still needs to be determined if the sound [[HUM) is alone responsible for this. There seems to be a correlation between the exhaust fumes of such a humungous machine running idle and the ill-effects in question. The automotive design of said Hummer is also suspected of causing stomach ulcers in the civilian population. The Humvee was also said to cause anxiety in military personnel before increased armor was added to the vehicle.

I think it is really cute that you can joke about people being tormented out of sleep.

There are more than a few who've gotten medication in order to sleep through the night peacefully.

As far as your comments Gazhekwe, I believe that was the Innuit's response to the 60Hz tone of the standard AC grid. 60 Cycles is supposedly the 8th harmonic of the natural heartbeat of the Earth. As far as I'm concerned, it caps off good communication with the 'ether' or mystic other that we're supposed to reach beyond our five blatant senses. To an Indigenous group already well engaged with that sixth sense, it would likely induce panic and fright.

Kinda like how you cannot hear much else when someone is screaming in a room, or posting nonsense noise. We humans don't handle distraction and sensory clutter very well. Some get quite disturbed with loud interruptions, and the 60-cycle tone of the AC grid would be exactly that to one with well-developed EM senses...our sixth sense is real, most of us merely ignore it.

I think this hum is different than the basic 60-cycle hum, which I've heard on and off with hifi gear connections for over thirty years now. The refigerator motor runs at 60Hz, the hum/tone was distinctly lower...and it CHANGES in pitch occasionally on the exact hour and half-hour, which the 60-Hz sine wave timing of the AC grid cannot do at the moment, although they are proposing seperating the grid to do further experimentation. Right now, the 60-cycle timing of the electrical grid is fixed.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; August-06-11 at 10:21 AM.

No one, of course, should see humor in someone's suffering. But, So many people claiming on this thread to hear humming is nothing more than mass hysteria. There is no humming. Some people hear voices in their heads which tell them to do strange things. There are no voices. Those things may exist in one's mind but they are not real. Maybe some need medical attention of a different type - say, psychiatry, rather than sleeping medication to get through the night.

Just because one goes into great detail about basic electronics as an explanation for the alleged phenomenon lends no credibility at all to the theories of the origin of the alleged "humming."

Those persons afflicted with tinnitis [[sp?) are surely suffering because of noises in their heads [[I knew someone so afflicted) but that does not mean there are actual noises that can be heard by others.

Power companies prepare as solar storms set to hit Earth
    http://reut.rs/o9Av6s
    The first of the three solar explosions from the sun this week already passed the Earth on Thursday with little impact, Kunches said, noting, the second was passing the Earth now and "seems to be stronger."

And the third, he said, "We'll have to see what happens over the next few days. It could exacerbate the disturbance in the Earth's magnetic field caused by the second [[storm) or do nothing at all."

I notice some of my satellite TV channels aren't coming in very well.

Then again, maybe it was the wind storms shifting my dish around.

Well I don't want to make light of anyone's afflictions with sleep deprivation... but when I first heard of the anomoly in question... this was the first thing that popped into my head [[euphemistically speaking that is)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrklgH8wC0

[[Humor alert off)

Im in Grosse Pointe Woods, and I can hear it also if I have the window open late at night and its absolutly quiet in the house.

I can also hear the train occasionally, and the nearest train tracks are several miles away at 8 mile and grossbeck.

3WC -

No one, of course, should see humor in someone's suffering. But, So many people claiming on this thread to hear humming is nothing more than mass hysteria.
    I guess you're sweeping dismissal trumps the Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tin...CTION=symptoms

Definition
    Illustration showing inside of ear and damaged hairs Tinnitus
    Tinnitus [[TIN-i-tus) is noise or ringing in the ears. A common problem, tinnitus affects about 1 in 5 people. Tinnitus isn't a condition itself — it's a symptom of an underlying condition, such as age-related hearing loss, ear injury or a circulatory system disorder.
    Although bothersome, tinnitus usually isn't a sign of something serious. Although it can worsen with age, for many people, tinnitus can improve with treatment. Treating an identified underlying cause sometimes helps. Other treatments reduce or mask the noise, making tinnitus less noticeable.
    Symptoms
    Tinnitus involves the annoying sensation of hearing sound when no external sound is present. Tinnitus symptoms include these types of phantom noises in your ears:
    * Ringing
    * Buzzing
    * Roaring
    * Clicking
    * Whistling
    * Hissing
    The phantom noise may vary in pitch from a low roar to a high squeal, and you may hear it in one or both ears. In some cases, the sound can be so loud it can interfere with your ability to concentrate or hear actual sound. Tinnitus may be present all the time, or it may come and go.
    Complications
    Tinnitus can significantly affect quality of life. Although it affects people differently, if you have tinnitus, you also may experience:
    * Fatigue
    * Stress
    * Sleep problems
    * Trouble concentrating
    * Memory problems
    * Depression
    * Anxiety and irritability
    Treating these linked conditions may not affect tinnitus directly, but it can help you feel better.
    While we've ALL had a little fun on this thread for some things that can't be explained, comments like mass hysteria and mushed brained Democrats can be off putting to the least.
    Statements like these will temper further comments regarding you're background in Geology.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    While we've ALL had a little fun on this thread for some things that can't be explained,
    That's not true. Everything CAN be explained and several explanations have been discussed here, but some choose to believe the far out.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast