Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Also, I had radiation and chemo treatments to the skull. The treatments left me with permanent loud ringing in my ears caused by nerve damage. I can still hear the hum/buzz noise over the ringing.
    TMI , Krptonite, but stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    In the summer, with the windows open at night, I can hear a large mechanical "whooshing" sound coming from outside. Sounds like a jet flying overhead. I went out one night to investigate it, and it turned out to be an underground pumping station that terminates into a large drain a few blocks away from me. During the day the sound of traffic masks the sound.
    Now this is a sound I have heard.

I've only heard it those on days/nights when a thunderstorm is brewing [[you don't actually hear the rumble of thunder or a crack of thunder, just a loud whoosing sound preceding or succeeding the thunderstorm by some time until it actually arrives). I just wrote it off as the inflow/outflow from the storms, but at least I know I'm not the only one who hears that sound.
    Last edited by 313WX; August-05-11 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    TMI , Krptonite, but stay healthy.
    TMI not intended - I can no longer hear summer insects, birds chirping, or the tea kettle, but I can hear the crazy hum over the loud tinnitus. Some nights when it woke me up I just eventually gave up on sleeping and got up, made coffee and paid bills, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That is disinformation bs...he never 'went crazy' nor made stuff up, unless it was to KEEP the military from using his inventions as weapons.
    Yeah, he kinda did. It's somewhat common amongst very intelligent scientists and engineers. Their later output often pales in comparison to when they were young. Einstein did his most groundbreaking work in his 20's. Niels Bohr and Linus Pauling their 30's. The pressure to top yourself can be overwhelming, especially when you are 60 and other 20 year-olds are doing all the groundbreaking research.

He outright rejected the theory of relativity in favor of his own ideas. This was acceptable when the theory first came out. Less so when the proofs and experiments started coming out showing it was valid.

Cheers, don't shit on Tesla. It is bad enough he only gets a small plaque in the Smithsonian...when most, if not all, of our modern comfortable life can be attributed to his genius.
    He was an absolute genius and the father of all modern electrical engineering. The fact that his later work was garbage does not detract from this. You can be correct in one area while being wrong in another, that doesn't make you less correct otherwise. Linus Pauling went off his rocker later in life, believing Vitamin C could cure pretty much every disease. That doesn't make his incredible contributions to subatomic bonding theory any less great.
    Last edited by JBMcB; August-05-11 at 11:08 AM. Reason: fixed typo

All,

Does anyone else hear and/or feel a very low frequency hum in the quietest hours of the morning in Detroit and/or Windsor?

I've not been taking accurate notes, but have heard it for the past year.

Does anyone remember that thread on the MindBox?! Someone talked about finding a black box in a sewer hooked up to a power pole on their old neighborhood on the Near East side of the City...and they disconnected it only to have some black sedan drive by a day or so later?!

That was another thread that mysteriously disappeared after that server crash Lowell had a number of years ago.

I'm curious, because Craig Fahle is having a portion of his show today about the Hum as it has been affecting people in Windsor. It should be on in an hour or so.

Cheers,
    John
    Gannon,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I noticed it especially when I lived in downtown and in Hamtramck. It seems especially noticeable in Hamtramck. It is also accompanied by incredibly twisted dreams that wake me up in the middle of the night and cause me to feel totally panicked upon awakening. I'm talking about some really twisted stuff, and I know that it is related to this humming sound because I don't have those types of dreams when I don't notice it as much. I had a 2 week long episode of these bizarre dreams while I lived in Hamtramck. One dream was so disturbing that I woke up and started screaming at a pile of clothes on the floor because I thought that it was a dead body. I have also noticed that I feel generally tired and less energetic since moving to the city. When I visit relatives out in the middle of nowhere I feel revitalized and refreshed, and it has nothing to do with lack of sleep because I always make sure to sleep plenty.

It's very Outer Limits or Twilight Zone
    I'm scared and I haven't even heard it yet.

I don't know much about the x-files stuff, but I can totally relate to the lack of energy in the city thing. When I visit my family out in BFE I don't feel the same after a few days, but i just attributed it to the fresh air.

I'm REALLY interested in this black box in the sewer story. And i will be paying more attention to my surroundings for this hum from now on. Thanx for the enlightenment.

I've been on it for a while...and believe fully that it is connected with the MK-Ultra research continued on our shores after our government illegally gathered every Nazi scientist they could through Operation Paperclip...after WWII.

This will be a very deep rabbit hole...I promise.
    Oh, puhleeeeezzzze!!!!

There is heavy industry running 24 hours a day; the kind of heavy industry that can be heard and felt miles away.
    Freighters run the river almost constantly which could explain hearing the same noise up-river in a lake.
    Heavy truck traffic noise will carry many miles.
    Some people are more sensitive to the 60Hz hum from power lines.
    There are several heavy rail yards in the area on both side of the river.
    And let's not forget the gigantic freakin' salt mine directly under your feet.

You know what? I think I can hear it. Is that what a Reaper Drone sounds like?

Maybe we became conditioned to the cycle of the electrical grid and now that they are messing with it some are picking that new Hz cycle up as the low level hum? I do recall reading that they were going to adjust it and there was the potential that appliances that used the Hz for clocks and timing may have issue functioning optimally.

http://www.businessinsider.com/power...-lights-2011-6

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Is that what a Reaper Drone sounds like?

Naw, it's the Mother Ship hovering invisibly overhead.

Oh, puhleeeeezzzze!!!!

There is heavy industry running 24 hours a day; the kind of heavy industry that can be heard and felt miles away.
    Freighters run the river almost constantly which could explain hearing the same noise up-river in a lake.
    Heavy truck traffic noise will carry many miles.
    Some people are more sensitive to the 60Hz hum from power lines.
    There are several heavy rail yards in the area on both side of the river.
    And let's not forget the gigantic freakin' salt mine directly under your feet.
    I live ten miles from anyplace, and have the "power surge" interrupt my sleep. Once, yes, but six times or more?

You mean 'only' six times?

There's also at least 4 large air facilities I can think of, Metro, Willow-Run, Windsor and Selfridge, plus a number of smaller airports that handle jet aircraft.

I've heard jet engines and railroad traffic from 10 miles easily.
    Last edited by Meddle; August-05-11 at 02:26 PM.

The lower the frequency, the more sound tends to travel THROUGH objects than bounce off of them. That's why you hear the bass line outside a loud club.

They are obviously restarting Project Rainbow. How else to explain the ghost ship that beached in India a few days ago. It wasn't detected by any security until a few hours before it ran aground.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/world...efore-beaching

I was looking for a reference to a sighting at Selfridge AFB around 1920 - but came up with this instead.

Somebody help me with the 1920 sighting.

http://wiki.razing.net/ufologie.net/htm/selfridge50.htm

I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy a good Humm late at night.........
    it was only a matter of time, sorry

You mean 'only' six times?

There's also at least 4 large air facilities I can think of, Metro, Willow-Run, Windsor and Selfridge, plus a number of smaller airports that handle jet aircraft.
    Thank you Meddle - you justify the name.

We live near some cell tech center that makes noise like that sometimes. It lasts for days and I find it very annoying, especially at night when I can really hear it because nothing else is going on. I called one of our city activists who used to be a private eye [[Really!) and asked him what it was. He went over to the big unmarked building and poked around, finally he just went in and asked them. It is some kind of a center for a cellular provider and they were doing some kind of maintenance that made this low key buzzing noise.

That being said, I heard a story many years ago about a small village in Alaska, 'way out in the bush. They were hooking up electric lines out there for the first time, and once they got the grid built and powered up they threw the switch or whatever. Within minutes, the entire populace started showing up running in panic, as there was a horrible noise that was trying to get into their brains and kill them. I wonder if your hum is akin to the "normal" noise emitted by our power grid that we don't hear when our minds are otherwise occupied.

There was a mysterious hum in a waterfront city in Southern California that turned out to be frogs.

And here is a website about the mysterious hum:

http://www.mysteryhum.com/

Conclusion:

Close to Selfridge AFB, in Michigan, on March 3, 1950, a flying machine was detected in a reliable way by two instruments measuring physical data, both in good functioning condition. Errors of measurement are excluded, the two instruments are corroborated, weather effects, interference, and other commonplace factors could not affect the instruments. US Air Force finally concluded that it was probably a balloon, but this is stupid since the craft whatever it is showed a behaviour of flight which cannot at all correspond to that of a balloon, in fact, this behavior also excludes any plane or flying machine of human origin, whether in 1950 or 50 years later. This behavior also excluded any natural phenomenon from weather type to plasma known to date. In addition, there is not the least reason to think than the explanation of the events lies in psychology, mass hysteria, and hallucination. Although measurements by radar do not make it possible to establish what the object is, a good theory to explain it is that the object could be an artificial flying craft of extraterrestrial origin. This theory is not directly proven here; it is essentially valid due to the bankruptcy of any other theory, and it is thus a good theory until a better theory is put forth.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    That being said, I heard a story many years ago about a small village in Alaska, 'way out in the bush. They were hooking up electric lines out there for the first time, and once they got the grid built and powered up they threw the switch or whatever. Within minutes, the entire populace started showing up running in panic, as there was a horrible noise that was trying to get into their brains and kill them.
    Was that HAARP?

Here is an article about hum phenomena in general:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum

This part is especially interesting:

In the case of Kokomo, Indiana, a city with heavy industries, the source of the hum was thought to have been traced to two sources. The first was a pair of fans in a cooling tower at the local DaimlerChrysler casting plant emitting a 36 Hz tone. The second was an air compressor intake at the Haynes International plant emitting a 10 Hz tone.[9][10]

Boy - this Senior member thing is pretty tough to achieve! What were those games we played on the old thread? Thanks Lowell.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-05-11 at 03:35 PM.

I believe that epiphany's comment is the key. My partner's nightmares and her reaction to this hum 'radiation' are exactly the same. You two use the same words!

If and when we can get enough of us who remember that MindBox thread, about the black box found in the sewer...from five or six YEARS ago, or more...one component of that thread was how many of the children had major nightmares. Some of the children went to the doctor for help.

If this doesn't lead right straight to modern applications of MK-Ultra research...which I'm pretty well studied up on the available information...then it will be found to be exacerbated by some major astronomical event...or both.

I'm betting there is a chord created by adding the Schumann Resonance as the fundamental, this hum as another leg, and the scream of the cell-towers as the third. Certain chords can make the human machine feel a certain way...this research is ancient, the Catholics even had names for some chords.

On the converse, some resonances and harmonies are quite beneficial, even unto physical healing. Mood manipulation is childs play to those who know the effects of pure tones, rhythms, and chordal torquing.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast