Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Default Low-level HUM Bothering Anyone Else? The Windsor Hum

All,

Does anyone else hear and/or feel a very low frequency hum in the quietest hours of the morning in Detroit and/or Windsor?

I've not been taking accurate notes, but have heard it for the past year.

Does anyone remember that thread on the MindBox?! Someone talked about finding a black box in a sewer hooked up to a power pole on their old neighborhood on the Near East side of the City...and they disconnected it only to have some black sedan drive by a day or so later?!

That was another thread that mysteriously disappeared after that server crash Lowell had a number of years ago.

I'm curious, because Craig Fahle is having a portion of his show today about the Hum as it has been affecting people in Windsor. It should be on in an hour or so.

Cheers,
    John

Is this 'hum' heard in a particular area, like downtown or near the river [[US - CA border)?

I have heard something like that around midnight - 3:00 am for about two years I believe. Sometimes it keeps me awake. It sounds like the vibration from a bass guitar maybe. I live 696/Southfield area. One time last fall I went outside to see if I could tell if someone on my block was playing music but did not hear anything. My next door neighbor has a band and they practice at his house but strictly during the day and the particular night I walked around outside he was not even home.

the vibration noise is always the same repetitive pattern, not really like the bass notes of an electronic instrument. I was guessing maybe some work was going on in the I-696 'ditch' because the noise seemed to originate underground.
    Last edited by kryptonite; August-05-11 at 08:47 AM.

^^^ Every night or just on weekends?

Thanks Kryp.

Zacha, it is ubiquitous...I've heard it everywhere, even on Belle Isle. Sounds most often like a diesel engine idling in the distance.

When we went up to Petoskey last summer, I heard it. It was just after Labor Day, and we were only one of two or three people on that particular lake. I went for a VERY long walk one morning looking for the source.

When I returned to the Detroit area...I started listening more closely at family, friends and clients' homes. It is everywhere. It does come and go, or change to different frequencies/tones...and occasionally you can hear harmonics and/or warbling.

I've investigated what I would consider the more common sources...and have been overjoyed whenever I've learned anyone else hears this, my girlfriend didn't for many months. Now she does, occasionally...and NOT just to shut me up about it, either, LOL!

It is a residual noise, and cannot be heard when ANY other sounds are in the room...or even the house...due to the well-known and documented 'masking' nature of our ear/brain system. Our perception allows louder and closer sounds to mask other noises...and what we focus upon with our gaze takes precedence as well. That is why you can 'hear' what someone is saying at a loud concert.

It is quite the mystery...and I'm glad to have it as a story on Craig's show.

Cheers,
    John

Mostly EVERY night...please read this thread, I went into considerable detail with my experimentation. It might save you some effort and time!

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age579401/pg16

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Every night or just on weekends?
    Z - I have heard it during the week. Sometimes I get insomnia and the hum bothers me because I have to be up early for work the next day. If it has happened on weekends I don't specifically recall though.

Aso, I had radiation and chemo treatments to the skull. The treatments left me with permanent loud ringing in my ears caused by nerve damage. I can still hear the hum/buzz noise over the ringing.
    Last edited by kryptonite; August-05-11 at 08:56 AM.

I went straight to the possible/probable nefarious nature of this sound, because of the learning I was given of the Tesla technology a few years back, during those New Moon vivid dreams...along with the studies forced by them, when I kept bouncing into Top Secret studies at universities.

They all had to do with ElectroMagnetic perception in the human 'machine', a sixth sense PROVEN, and manipulation of the masses through particular radiation of these Extremely Low Frequencies...ELFs...which have some effect just outside our usual hearing range on the nervous system.

Cheers,
    John

^^^^^ Hmmmn, sounds tripped out. I know I've heard humming sounds down by the river front late at night which I ascribed as coming from the Rouge plant. We best stop now or someones gonna think we're crazy if they do not already....... LOL!

Not meaning to sound snarky, but the freeway construction sounds seems to reverberate alot from surprisingly far distances and well it is 'construction' season! LOL! And they do work at night with those spotlights and all. Still it takes them forever to finish what they are doing....

I'm sensitive to the low hum that some industrial tubed florescent lights give off. Not at much of a problem now as the technology has improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Z - I have heard it during the week. Sometimes I get insomnia and the hum bothers me because I have to be up early for work the next day. If it has happened on weekends I don't specifically recall though.

Aso, I had radiation and chemo treatments to the skull. The treatments left me with permanent loud ringing in my ears caused by nerve damage. I can still hear the hum/buzz noise over the ringing.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-11 at 09:04 AM.

I'm beyond that fear...if anyone wants to call me crazy, that diagnoses will be very welcome.

Low frequency sounds travel a very long distance, if they have enough energy behind them.

The Navy tested ELF tickling of the entire Earth, with that ELF array in the UP [[and later I learned they did a backup in Northern Wisconsin as well)...but they apparently had to stop the experiment. The Resonance of the Earth changed enough to keep them from using it with those grids...look up the Schumann Resonance for more information on that phenomenon. I have no proof it changed yet...but it has been 7.83 Hz since it was first discovered during WWI.

But the Navy was using the resonance of the Earth to signal deep-diving nuclear subs on the other side of the planet...in a twelve-character per second form of coding, not unlike Morse code...since the medium wouldn't pass distinct signals any quicker. They had an echo...

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; August-05-11 at 09:04 AM.

Zacha, please read that thread, it has postings from around the WORLD. This is NOT a phenonemon that is easily dismissed or explained away.

Cheers

^^^^ I hear you. Will check it out. I was watching a broadcast last year re. some studies about an overall increase of 'constant' background noise especially near major cities that have changed even the pitch of how birds communicate in response to the din of sound. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-05-11 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not meaning to sound snarky, but the freeway construction sounds seems to reverberate alot from surprisingly far distances and well it is 'construction' season! LOL! And they do work at night with those spotlights and all. Still it takes them forever to finish what they are doing....

I'm sensitive to the low hum that some industrial tubed florescent lights give off. Not at much of a problem now as the technology has improved.
    Well that idea crossed my mind, that night time work might be going on on I-696. Before today I just guessed that must explain it but now i'm not convinced. I mean how would a person even begin to investigate something oddball like a night-time vibration that does not appear to be heard outside one's home and is totally unlike an appliance noise? I also hear it in my basement because I have gone down there to check. My house is a ranch, no second story to report on.

Wow! When you think about it, there are probably very few truly quite places left on earth and we've learned to tune out much as you mention....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Zacha, it is ubiquitous...I've heard it everywhere, even on Belle Isle. Sounds most often like a diesel engine idling in the distance.

I had a power strip that was buzzing a low sound for a bit, I removed it and threw it away. I've also had light bulbs [[usally florescent) giving off an odd sound. Check all the appliances to see. It took me a while to find out about the power strip sound and it could have been a fire hazard....
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Well that idea crossed my mind, that night time work might be going on on I-696. Before today I just guessed that must explain it but now i'm not convinced. I mean how would a person even begin to investigate something oddball like a night-time vibration that does not appear to be heard outside one's home and is totally unlike an appliance noise? I also hear it in my basement because I have gone down there to check. My house is a ranch, no second story to report on.

Have you determined whether it is Schumann Resonance or not?

I was in the Navy, and was constantly bombarded with low level noise/sonar in the ship. Since then, I've had the sensation of machinery shuddering to a stop. I'm not a nut, having built machines as large as you're truck.
    This is the first time somebody has brought this up. Even Gannon's threads.!

http://www.unsolved-mysteries.com/un.../taos_hum.html

I live a couple hundred yards [[3 city blocks) north of 696 at Coolidge. The sunken freeway ALWAYS has a humming sound eminating from it, even at 3 or 4 am. I think it may be a combination of the cavernous enviroment making some kinda' echo along with the lighting. But I don't know what I'm taking about lol. I just know it's there and it sounds different than rush hour. Plus we get the bonus noise from the "crotch rockets".

Believe it or not, I didn't mention it here because I already have a reputation for nudging against insanity...but if Jimaz or someone can remember that MindBox thread...I believe the true source will be related to that.

I've heard it for a long time...when I lived in Eastern Market, I would turn the electricity off at the main breaker at night. That was when I was having those amazing dreams around the New Moon teaching me the Tesla and Leedskalnin stuff...just before ItsJeff died.

I've been on it for a while...and believe fully that it is connected with the MK-Ultra research continued on our shores after our government illegally gathered every Nazi scientist they could through Operation Paperclip...after WWII.

This will be a very deep rabbit hole...I promise.

Sincerely,
    John

I have to agree about the constant 696 noise, I am four blocks north of 696. But that sound to me is similar to waves on the beach. This crazy hum thing is more like a constant long-term sound that I think goes on for long intervals followed by a brief pause and then another long interval. That's too uniform for traffic noise. My oscillating fan on the dresser makes a similar noise as it turns, but the fan was not even on the nights I woke up to the vibration noise, it was packed away in the basement.

When it has happened I have gotten up and checked all appliances and I don't leave lights on at night except for a night light here and there. I also went into my basement to check for anything making a continual sound and found nothing.

It's very Outer Limits or Twilight Zone. Except not interesting enough for either of those.

my neighborhood does not have street lights so I can rule that out. Is it a Uverse/Edison thing possibly??
    Last edited by kryptonite; August-05-11 at 10:05 AM.

Default Tinnitus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

In the summer, with the windows open at night, I can hear a large mechanical "whooshing" sound coming from outside. Sounds like a jet flying overhead. I went out one night to investigate it, and it turned out to be an underground pumping station that terminates into a large drain a few blocks away from me. During the day the sound of traffic masks the sound.

LF sound can travel long distances, however at that wavelength you don't hear it. Once you get into the audible frequency range, the distance a sound travels at a given amplitude decreases exponentially.

Also, towards the end of his career, Tesla was basically making stuff up. He based his theories on his own view of energy-matter relationships, which turned out to be completely wrong [[that dastardly Einstein...)
    Last edited by JBMcB; August-05-11 at 10:04 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by detroittrader View Post
    I live a couple hundred yards [[3 city blocks) north of 696 at Coolidge. The sunken freeway ALWAYS has a humming sound eminating from it, even at 3 or 4 am. I think it may be a combination of the cavernous enviroment making some kinda' echo along with the lighting. But I don't know what I'm taking about lol. I just know it's there and it sounds different than rush hour. Plus we get the bonus noise from the "crotch rockets".

Closer to bedrock, louder the sound. Channels in the Earth may indeed focus this energy, which would help explain it louder in dugout freeways and rivers. I hear it on ItsJeff's bench!

The reason you hear it MORE in your home is the expectation of silence, and controllability of your space. PLUS, the ear/brain has a well-known masking function, whenever any other sound pops up, this background ELF hum will get masked over and appear to turn itself up and down in volume...when it is your ear/brain mechanism working properly trying to 'hear' closer and more threatening sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TinnitusAlso, towards the end of his career, Tesla was basically making stuff up. He based his theories on his own view of energy-matter relationships, which turned out to be completely wrong [[that dastardly Einstein...)
    That is disinformation bs...he never 'went crazy' nor made stuff up, unless it was to KEEP the military from using his inventions as weapons.

Cheers, don't shit on Tesla. It is bad enough he only gets a small plaque in the Smithsonian...when most, if not all, of our modern comfortable life can be attributed to his genius.

Sincerely,
    John

JBMcB, I have constant tinnitus related to chemo treatments a few years ago, it was damaging to both ears and is permanent.

But this vibration/hum thing is still very noticeable. It keeps me awake. You can almost feel it. I only notice it every so often, not every night by any stretch.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast