Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any assembly plants still in the city of Detroit?

What assembly plants for Ford, GM or Chrysler are still in the city of Detroit proper? Not Hamtramck or Highland Park or any adjoining suburb ... but still in the city proper.

Ford, GM or Chrysler - vehical assembly or componant assembly etc.

Isn't Chrysler North, on E Jefferson and Conner, an assembly plant. They used ot make Jeeps there.
    And the GM Poletown Plant is largely in Detroit.

Is Dodge City entirely in Warren? I recall them partially assembling parts for the truck on both sides of 8 Mile.

I understand that the Viper will be back soon. Will that go to Conner/Mack Ave?

Jefferson North is still in operation. It builds the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango.

Conner Avenue was building the Viper, I think they are down at least until the new viper comes along.

I'm not sure who's left from the supplier after the huge implosion in 2009.

GM's Detroit/Hamtramck plant builds the Volt. It is currently down for retooling to increases production.

It is interesting that, as far as I know, Ford hasn't had an assembly plant in Detroit since the Piquette Plant. After that, Ford moved to Highland Park and then to Dearborn.

Chrysler Jefferson and Hamtramck Assembly are the only ones left. Former assembly plants [[post-war) in Detroit:

Dodge Main
    Plymouth Lynch Road
    Cadillac Clark Avenue
    Cadillac Fleetwood
    Lincoln
    DeSoto
    Packard
    Hudson
    Graham Paige/Frazer/Chrylser Imperial
    Federal Motor Truck
    Massey Ferguson Tractor

Detroit Diesel on Outer Drive north of Plymouth Road. It is now owned by Damlier.

The Ford F-53 is built in the City of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    The Ford F-53 is built in the City of Detroit.
    Where at???

Getting away from taxes by going to Highland Park and getting more efficiency by building up the Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    It is interesting that, as far as I know, Ford hasn't had an assembly plant in Detroit since the Piquette Plant. After that, Ford moved to Highland Park and then to Dearborn.

Where at???
    6501 Lynch Road
    Detroit, MI 48234-4140

Livernois and Warren had a Ford Plant that was used to assemble Lincolns.