PRAYER VIGIL
    to ask for assistance
    for the City of Detroit,
    its leaders, advisors, businesses and
    its people

There is no reason to wait for something
    bad to happen to pray!
    GSCC believes strongly in the power of prayer
    [[Look how far it has brought us in a few short years!)

The PRAYER VIGIL will take place at the
    GEORGIA STREET COMMUNITY GARDEN
    8902 Vinton Street
    Thursday, August 18th at 7:00 p.m.

We are asking churches and people from
    all over the City of Detroit
    to participate!

Call Mark @ 313-452-0684 for more information

i'm more impressed with the action GSCC has undertaken than any prayer vigil. Why don't you post more action-oriented events?

Because one doesn't preclude the other, that's why.

We have posted every event that we have had. There is a current thread on our upcoming BackPack Giveaway.

If you want more information, please go to our website: www.georgiastreetcc.com

Prayer is a self gratifying airheaded waste of time. Bring some shovels, rakes and garbage bags and tackle a city block! Prayer and 'sprituality' doesn't pre-clude a healthier more stable society.

Why be so negative? It's not as if the GSCC folks are neglecting their garden or their community work to pray. Some people strive to live a balanced life, whatever that means to them. They should be commended and emulated, not denigrated. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Prayer is a self gratifying airheaded waste of time. Bring some shovels, rakes and garbage bags and tackle a city block! Prayer and 'sprituality' doesn't pre-clude a healthier more stable society.
    If you don't pray...then don't join us. If you would like to help in the garden, we welcome your volunteering, whether you pray or not. We have tackled more than a city block....in our belief, all through the power of prayer. Most of our efforts have taken place because very good people have cared enough to donate either time or money or both. We choose to believe that our prayers for help have gotten us where we are.

If you choose to believe that it's karma, fate, magic, astrology, mystics, or whatever your belief system is, that's fine. We don't judge your thinking....please don't judge ours. We welcome everyone to become a part of our community.

I'm with you! Bring the shovels, volunteering and the prayers. One activity is not exclusive of the other!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    If you don't pray...then don't join us. If you would like to help in the garden, we welcome your volunteering, whether you pray or not. We have tackled more than a city block....in our belief, all through the power of prayer. Most of our efforts have taken place because very good people have cared enough to donate either time or money or both. We choose to believe that our prayers for help have gotten us where we are.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-04-11 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Why be so negative?.
    Because some people can't help but froth at the mouth whenever anything remotely spiritual is mentioned. However, I'm sure they'd be the first to tell you how open minded they are.

Or 'tolerant'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Because some people can't help but froth at the mouth whenever anything remotely spiritual is mentioned. However, I'm sure they'd be the first to tell you how open minded they are.

This agnostic will, as usual, be thinking of you on your prayer day.

Thanks Terry and RB for making non-believers look bad. I don't pray either, but if someone else wants to, go ahead. [[And as Blue pointed out, the Georgia Street folks do a lot more than pray.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Thanks Terry and RB for making non-believers look bad. I don't pray either, but if someone else wants to, go ahead. [[And as Blue pointed out, the Georgia Street folks do a lot more than pray.)
    hey, i said i was more impressed with their actions and asked blue to post those, which he or she did [[thanks) so non-religious types can also get involved. GSCC is a great organization.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    hey, i said i was more impressed with their actions and asked blue to post those, which he or she did [[thanks) so non-religious types can also get involved. GSCC is a great organization.
    She does post those on a regular basis.

Friday Night Bump! Happy Weekend everyone!

Monday Morning Bump

Thursday Morning Bump

Sunday reminder. Hope those who believe in the power of prayer will join us. The City of Detroit needs our help desperately!

Today is the day...please join us if you can!