Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Discovery Channel Thursday 8pm 'Detroit in Overdrive'

Folks,

My brother went to NY in the '80's and never came back. I came back years ago and started feeling like I was in lower Manhattan. I'm hoping that my feeling won't take years to develop. I want to prove all those people wrong, especially the ones that have left us more recently for NY, LA and hum drum no-risk Chicago.

He's in advertising and sent me this info on a show he knows about. the words below are from a promo on an email someone sent to him.

Witness the transformation of a remarkable city.

Planet Green

a mini series event

hopefully this will be a well received special. i take it this focuses on green activism efforts in the city?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    hopefully this will be a well received special. i take it this focuses on green activism efforts in the city?
    Something like that. I was going to bump my own thread but since this is here, I'll leave the reminder.

saw a preview on the news tonight. have it all set and ready to tivo... might interrupt jersery shore for my daughter but oh well...lol

Default Tonight at 8 eastern, "Detroit in Overdrive" on Planet Green channel

I've set my DVR but I'll probably watch it live.

As someone hoping to come back someday, I've been eating all of this positive press up. Every program helps.

Quote Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
    Something like that. I was going to bump my own thread but since this is here, I'll leave the reminder.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully I can catch it but I'm not sure if I get that station.

Is this on the Discovery Channel or Planet Green?

Planet Green.

Stromberg2